Data Warehouse Architect
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our department is situated in Brussels, where you’ll get the chance to experience challenging assignments, to gain international exposure and interact with colleagues globally. Do you want to know more? Read on!
This is us, your new colleagues
Digital Solutions and IT is the engine of the Volvo Financial Services business and we continue on our strategic journey to further improve performance and to deliver the best customer experience in the industry. In this exciting environment, we are focused on Digital Innovation to meet the demands of an increasingly digitalized world. Furthermore we develop Global Platforms to enable Financial Services' expansion. We explore Data Opportunities and engage Cyber security. Our 3 Global Solutions and Services teams, each focusing on a different region, take care of world-class execution in the markets, encompassing Demand and Projects management.
Do you just love to...
- Understand the business and functional requirements to architect an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) platform, formulating technology roadmaps, and design/develop/support standards.
- Design an ETL, API, and security framework in the Azure Data Warehouse for business user data consumption.
- Acquire, create and manage data assets drawn from various internal and external sources.
- Work with the DWH team and play an important role in the design, implementation, development, and support of different aspects of data architecture, data models, data staging and ETL framework.
- Understand the business process, translate requirements into Business Intelligence solutions/reports and become a subject matter expert in the day-to-day activities and operations of Data Warehouse and Analytical solutions.
- Collaborate with the infrastructure teams supporting Data Warehouse ecosystem to ensure proper usage and implementation of required I/O capabilities.
- Utilize DWH technologies to develop, recommend, and enforce Business Intelligence standards and procedures.
Are you the one?
Do you have an agile working attitude who loves networking? Are you open-minded and do you have a passion to deliver value for our customers? Besides that, do you also recognize yourself in the characteristics below:
- You have a Master Degree in Information Systems or a related field and combines this with relevant experience in Computer Systems, Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
- You have a proven capability in dimensional data modelling.
- You have experience with Oracle and SQL Server RDBMS and are familiar with designing and building solutions with technologies as Azure Data Factory/Lake, HD Insights, SQL DWH, stream analytics, machine learning, R server.
- You have database implementation experience with Azure Services.
- You have knowledge of SSIS/SSAS/SSRS/Power BI technologies with a deep understanding of data structure to design, develop, and tune BI solutions and reports.
- You have experience with Azure IaaS and PaaS services.
- You have a sound knowledge of server infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud computing.
- You have experience with architecture and you maintain high available production systems.
- You are a self starter, a problem solver and are results-driven.
- You have strong stakeholder management skills and you have a global and agile mindset.
A Perfect Match
a competitive salary with compensation & benefits package, besides the learning opportunities.
Let's do this!
You will be based in Brussels, Warwick or Warsaw and will work in a flexible work environment.
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.