Intern: Mechanical Engineering Cab PMO (Summer 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Cab PMO Team as Intern-Mechanical Engineer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of mechanical engineering. As a valued member of the Cab PMO Team within team GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the Project Manager’s, Quality Managers and engineering teams. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Group Manager – Project Manager Office (PMO).
- Work closely with Project managers to follow up on project deliveries and planning
- Analyze and breakdown project scope to understand the direct impact on the overall quality, delivery, project/product cost and features of our projects
- Maintain and support existing systems, tools, and admin support to other members of the team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, analytic and critical thinking skills
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a Mechanical Engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Summer interns are required to work 40 hours per week
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Strong communication skills
- The summer program dates are May 18, 2020 through August 14, 2020
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify