Senior Cost Engineer - Chemical
Have you ever thought to mix your technical background, your ability to work cross-functionally, and your interest in the future technology? Do you like a warm, considerate, and cooperative working atmosphere? Then we have a fantastic opportunity for you as the Controlling & Strategy organization is looking for a new colleague in Greensboro.
Our goal is to hire in first quarter 2020.
Your main responsibility will be to calculate part prices and tooling investments, both in new truck projects and as a support to today’s truck business. You will perform cost target setting and cost breakdowns of new and existing parts based on drawings or physical parts.
You will start early in the advanced engineering / concept selection phase, working intimately with engineering and design. You will follow the products thru the development phases and then actively support the targets you have set in the sourcing process.
Another part of Cost Engineering work is to support the change management process, calculating impact in tooling and product cost.
In this work it’s important to cooperate with many different parts of our organization such as buyers, engineers, project leaders, module managers and of course your colleagues within the Controlling & Strategy department.
• Specialist knowledge in at least one of the fields: Automotive fabrics, Acoustics components, Thermoplastics, Thermosets and/or Elastomers. Knowledge in other fields such as Tool manufacturing, Automation, assembly lines etc
• Engineer / Experienced technician / Manufacturing engineer / maintenance with a background of lean experience in the automotive industry or in the supply chain
• Knowledge in CAD and finance is an advantage
• Fluent in English
• High interpersonal skills
• Ability to drive projects independently
• Analytic mindset
• Team player with great communication skills
• Cultural awareness
•Support a strong collaboration with Engineering, Purchasing and Cost Engineering bringing the product cost management culture into the cross functional work.
•Occasionally visit suppliers and technical exhibitions in order to have knowledge about production processes and product design.
•Support improvement of Product Cost Controlling/Management processes, tools and skills.
- Is a team player – Always have the best for the team in mind
- Collaborates – have the ability to collaborate well with stakeholders in all levels within Engineering, Purchasing, - - Product Planning and Finance
- Values differences – ability to work within a multi-cultural environment and respect different opinions.
- Customer focus – Focus on the quality of the delivery, and to satisfy the customer's need as well as the organizations need.
- Action oriented- Strong problem-solving abilities and ability to work independently
- Communicates effectively – Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate efficiently with people on all levels.
Minimum B.Sc; M.Sc preferred
Mechanical engineering or similar preferred
* Minimum 5 years experience from Engineering, sales engineering or product development
* From Cost Engineering
* Experience and/or knowledge from automotive industry
*Ability to initiate and support design to cost initiative in order to create cost efficient designs
*Ability to combine the business and technical mind-set to guide and influence the product development decisions from a financial perspective
* Ability to travel nationally and internationally once a month
* Have knowledge about and understand cost breakdowns
* Good English communication skills, both orally and in writing.
* Proficient level of technical knowledge in the area of responsibility
* Knowledge of Local brands
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify