Group Manager Cab Driving and Ergonomics
Cab Engineering is a department within Vehicle Engineering Bangalore responsible for developing Components and Systems for the engineering sites globally and delivering Cabs for UD Value Range. We work with all the Volvo group truck brands globally and develop strategies, Advanced engineering portfolio for Value range Trucks. We understand the customer needs and apply our knowledge to develop technical solutions to make customer success.
We are now looking for a Group Manager Cab Driving and Ergonomics, responsible for developing the Cab Interior components Instrument Panel, Door Panel, Seat and Controls system. Cab Driving and Ergonomics group also responsible for Cab features Ergonomics, Driver Comfort, Driver Interface and Cab Climate.
- Product owner for Cab Driving Value Range Products
- Deliver Products & projects to other engineering sites by constantly improving the efficiency
- Responsible for Ergonomics Lab and other related investments
- Ensure project, maintenance and advanced engineering deliveries for the group
- Ensure product quality improvements and product cost reduction initiatives
- Contribute to the development of Product System roadmaps (PSR L3) for Cab Driving and secure that Cab Driving strategies are realized
- Develop and drive Knowledge management to ensure continuous improvement in Cab Driving Components
- Leading and developing your team
- Ensure the necessary competence built and maintained to support other engineering sites.
- Create awareness and share important technological developments both within and outside the truck industry for concerned technology areas in your team
- Active participation in the Cab Bangalore management team
- BE / BTech / MS / MTech in Mechanical or Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 10 year experience from product development in the automotive industry
- Excellent networking skills & communication skills in English.
- Leadership experience of leading engineering teams
As a group manager you are expected to
- Be open, organized and able to create an inspiring and motivating environment
- Be an inspiring leader and have positive mind-set
- Have holistic view and able to lead your team to achieve results
- Have great interest in developing and coaching people
- Show high interest in technology development and strategic product changes to further enhance our products
- Set clear directions for your team, manage workload and show trust by delegation of tasks and decisions within your team
- Eager to learn quickly when facing new problems, analyzing areas for improvements and quickly adapt to changes.
- Be a network builder and have good communication skills
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.