HR Business Partner
We are looking for a great HR leader! We have an HR Business Partner role at our Corporate Office in Greensboro, North Carolina that will give you the opportunity to fulfill these professional objectives and to be a part of a team that is driving critical changes on all levels at this epicenter of the Volvo Group NA Service Market Supply Chain.
This is a chance to take all of your HR experience, expertise, and goals, and contribute to a transformation with tremendous potential for personal and professional satisfaction, development, and pride.
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) provides human resources support to corporate operations as well as supporting the Central and Regional Distribution Centers
Key Position Responsibilities
- Act as a change agent to drive a continuous improvement mindset in a culture of high performance and accountability
- Advise and coach managers on the implementation of strategies and policies regarding Performance Management, Competence Development, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Workforce Planning, Recruitment, and Compensation and Benefits to support the SML vision and KPI objectives and to maximize employee engagement
- Promote positive employee relations through inspirational leadership. Coach managers through complex employee relations situations/issues. Champion the Volvo culture as well as assure alignment of management actions with Volvo Group values and principles.
- Assist managers in organization design activities such as: design of position profiles, individual development plans, personal business plans, and effective organizational planning
- Prioritize a customer service approach, resolving complaints, investigations, and support requests efficiently and thoroughly, ensuring compliance with all related processes, policies, and laws
- Assist with Labor Relations activities and communications collaboratively with the Labor Relations Team
- Must be able and willing to travel to various locations in support of the operation or for training and development
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years’ experience in human resources required; experience in both unionized and non-unionized facilities and with UAW or other major industrial Union experience is highly preferred
- HR Certification is highly regarded. If not currently certified, successful certification is required within two years of hire
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves" and to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (including effective presentation skills) with the ability to interact comfortably at all levels of the organization
- Thorough knowledge of US employment law and HR professional practices
Service Market Logistics (SML) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Operations (GTO). We are an organization of approximately 3,700 employees globally in more than 40 locations. Every day, we are delivering world-class operational excellence for our customers, based upon smart logistics solutions. Our job is to develop, manage and optimize the Service Market supply chain for all Volvo Group brands and Joint Ventures. The scope for Service Market Logistics includes Flow Optimization, Inventory Management, Distribution Center Operations, Customs & Trade, as well as the development of logistics solutions to ensure the highest possible parts availability, delivery precision and quality everywhere in the world. We strive for an innovative and diverse workplace, exercising the Volvo Group values with high focus on customer success.
SML North America (NA) is a part of SML and has about 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. We operate Central Distribution Center near Memphis, TN as well as 8 Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify