Manager, Purchasing Electronics
GTP is located in 52 sites around the world, has 1 300 employees and a yearly spend of 120 BSEK. We have 2,550 suppliers in serial production that delivers 1,9 billion parts to Group Truck plants annually. We are a global team working with pride, breaking new grounds and capturing the latest innovations as well as supporting the brands and safeguarding Volvo Group synergies. We work together with speed and agility, in close collaboration with, and a strong mandate towards our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
We like to work hard, have fun and we are committed to our customer and the Volvo Group success. You will work with a high performing team aiming at world-class Purchasing – do you have what it takes?
Vehicle North America is the team in charge of the supplier base that delivers Cab, electrical, Chassis and Vehicle Dynamics, Rubber and Sheet Metal components to build our Mack and Volvo trucks in NA. We own the responsibilities for these segments along the purchasing process (sourcing/projects/operations/revenue service parts) and work in a strong collaboration with our Global Vehicle strategic line.The team is responsible to drive end to end Purchasing activities whilst securing QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) targets.
We are creating a Manager Position for electronics Purchasing
This area is right now under a significant transformation in North America as we are supporting all new projects in this region with the ambition to raise the bar for our Brands on all aspects of the QDCFTSR. This includes scouting and selecting new partners worldwide, capturing innovation that will bring value to our customers and developing new ways of working both with partners and with our internal stakeholders.
Your target? To build a strong cohesive team of Electronic specialists, To drive business to excellence and execute the needed change in an industry full of exciting challenges! You will need to be agile, think globally and act locally and enjoy X functional work and global setups!
- Be a member in Vehicle- North America Purchasing Extended Leadership team and in an active way contribute to the development of the department
- Be a member in Cab & Electrical North America Purchasing leadership team
- Manage purchasing QDCF- TSR deliverables according to the contract
- Manage the development of your teams
- Drive department activities towards wanted position
- Give input to department purchasing business plan, entertain continuous improvement and sustainability
- To manage the overall supplier relationship
- Provide Input and execute the segment strategies and manage supplier selection/relationship/ partnership and negotiation
- Secure cost targets and KPI fulfillment
- Secure needed communication with cross functional teams
- Secure supplier involvement in project activities
- Secure and Manage resources within his/her area
- Responsible for budget and operating expenses
- Ensure collaboration with the other managers within the respective segment(s)
- Work in accordance with the Volvo processes, the Code of Conduct and the Volvo Values
- You will also manage cross functional interactions with Engineering in development of technical roadmaps, appoint supplier hosts within his/her area.
- University degree in Engineering/technology and/or Business Administration
- Automotive or Automotive OEM background (5+ years) or internal company experience equivalent
- Proven experience into purchasing (5+ years)
- Strong Leadership skills with preferably a proven previous experience as a direct manager (2 + years)
- Knowledgeable in current and future business trends relative to Electronics industry, technology and markets
- Able to execute in a global matrix organization
- Face problems and act quickly and directly. Provide direct & actionable feedback
- Able to handle uncertainty and the unexpected. Holds things together during tough times
- Take good decisions in line with internal stakeholders, with risks and opportunities and alternative solutions in mind
- Able to manage diversity and offer opportunities for personal/professional development
- Able to build an effective team with a common objective and strong morale and spirit
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Building Effective Teams
- Drives Engagement
- Action Oriented
- Represent his/her Purchasing area in cross-functional decision bodies
- Validates sourcing cases to be presented to the sourcing decision body
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify