Chassis Quality Engineer
Chassis Quality Engineer
Chassis Engineering in Greensboro, North America, now has an exciting opening and we are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our department.
Would you like to work in an enthusiastic and challenging atmosphere surrounded by highly skilled co-workers? Does the chance to develop new and advanced chassis solutions for Mack and Volvo Truck excite you?The purpose of this role is to support the Chassis Engineering site in conducting quality activities. This includes:
Then this position may be the right one for you!
Chassis Engineering (CE) is a highly skilled team in charge of the chassis development for the North America truck brands in the Volvo Group. We develop components, systems and complete chassis for conventional trucks as well as for electro-mobility and automation.
This position will report to the Chief Engineer for Chassis Engineering Greensboro.
- Supporting the site in solving field quality issues, through documented processes, in a time-sensitive and high-pressure environment
- Supporting the use of tools in projects, raising the awareness about quality tools and methods in the CE community as well as contributing to Product Quality improvement initiatives.
In this role you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation. You have proven experience as a technical leader. It is important that you have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge your organization. You also have a true can do attitude, a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your team & products, understanding how these contribute to the our vision, strategy & roadmap.
We believe this is a position for a person that has the ability to work under demanding conditions and to create a successful working climate in these situations.
The responsibilities of a Quality Engineer are categorized in 5 main areas:
- Support regular analysis of field feedback on CE quality issues, such as through warranty claims
- Provide Root Cause Analysis/ Quality Tools support on request
- Ensure that “lessons learned” are performed, preventive actions are identified and that key knowledge is captured
- Support management (Chief Engineer, Group Managers) with update on progress on solving quality issues and raise concerns in case of roadblock (resources)
- Facilitate Quality Tools analyses within the CVDE commodity.
- Coach and educate engineers in proactive and reactive Quality Tools.
- Support Design Engineer and Project Management team in developing the Quality Tool Plan by giving input and recommendations on the use of Quality Tools.
- Provide with Root Cause Analysis/Quality Tools support to enable solving of quality issues
- Quality Issues coordinator for issues in Bangalore, India site
- Support the development of processes and instructions in related areas.
- Develop and improve on CVDE quality related processes in cooperation with CVDE Global Operations / Process Governance / Global Quality Manager
- Contribute in related GDI and STD development and changes
- Develop and maintain relevant training material and plan and provide agreed CVDE training
- Represent CVDE in training networks, mainly within Vehicle Engineering and Quality & Customer Satisfaction
- Knowledge Management; facilitate documentation of knowledge, reuse of knowledge, 8D
- Represent the department in local and global quality network/ work groups/ initiatives
- Structured and analytical thought
- Solution oriented
- Solid knowledge of Quality Tools and methods
- Strong knowledge of DVP process, QAP, FMEA, DFA, RCA, Pugh concept evaluation, Risk management, RTS, PAA, Six Sigma
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field, is required. Master degree preferred
- 8+ years of product development experience in automotive industry, preferably in trucks development
- Project management experience is a merit
- Good understanding of heavy duty trucks is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify