HGV Technician x 3
At Renault Truck Commercials in Reading, we are seeking experienced HGV Technicians to a work within a busy workshop servicing our varied range of Customers Trucks. Bring your HGV Technician skills and experience to the highly innovative brand of Renault Trucks, who manufactures, distributes and markets a complete range of trucks from 2.8 tonne vans to 44 tonne trucks.
We strive to provide a quality service including efficient diagnosis, quality and prompt repair work to each of our customers through our network of service points.
What you will be doing.....
- Working a week about - 06.00-14.30 and 13.30-22.00 with alternate Sat's 06.00-12.00
- Working a week about shift pattern: 06.00-14.30 and 13.30-22.00 with alternate Saturday mornings.
- Carrying out routine maintenance and repairs in accordance with manufacturer’s procedures
- Working to the highest standards surpassing manufacturer’s and VOSA standards
- Fast and accurate fault diagnosis using the latest diagnostic equipment
- Participating in the ‘out of hours’ standby/call out rotas
- Liaison with Parts Department to ensure correct parts are issued to enable job to be completed efficiently and within set timescales
- All aspects of ISO, H&S and Environmental regulations are adhered to including the use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Following company processes by completing all relevant paperwork
- Completing thorough safety checks and preparing vehicles for MOTs
- Ensuring product knowledge and skills are maintained, kept updated and in line with company requirements
- Attendance at training courses when identified and as required.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Proven HGV Level 3 technical qualifications or proven experience repairing and maintaining vehicles
- Driving licence (HGV Class 1 would be an advantage, not essential).
- Dealership experience preferred
What we offer:
- 45 hrs a week + overtime + call out
- 25 days holiday (rising with service)
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Employee discounts across retailers, cinemas, ++++
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts on Renault and Volvo cars
With a renewed product range and growing profile, we rely on quality people to provide ‘excellence’ in service and support to customers by always looking to improve customer satisfaction. Look at what we do and who we are part of: www.renaulttruckcommercials.co.uk
Renault Truck Commercials Ltd is an equal opportunity employer
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Since 1894, Renault Trucks supplies transport professionals with robust tools and robust relationships. The vehicles (from 2.8 to 120 tons) and services offering are adapted to different transport applications and contribute to reduce customers’ operational costs. With Renault Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.