Project Quality Engineer
Volvo Group Australia is part of the global organisation Volvo Group consisting of approximately 100,000 employees. Our reliability is renowned and is underpinned by our core values – customer success, change, performance, trust and passion. We bring each one to life in everything we do.
Volvo Group Australia has an opening for a Project Quality Engineer to drive the application of advanced quality tools in product and process projects at our International Manufacturing Plant. As Project Quality Engineer, you will contribute to the creation of the quality assurance plan (QAP) and quality tool plan, providing the successful applicant to report on the results of the application of the tools while identifying product and process project risks. This opportunity is being offered on a two-year contract.
About the role:
- Work closely with the project team on a variation of projects with product modification requests
- Analyse available quality records and identify strengths/weaknesses of product & process
- Identify product and project risks related to the quality of the manufacturing process and report findings to the project team
- Contribute to the creation/maintenance of the quality assurance plan and quality tool plan
- Drive and apply the quality tools identified in the QAP at the manufacturing plant, including planning, leading, executing, and monitoring
- Report the results of the application of the quality tools to the GTO project team
- Coordinate Preventive Action plan and take preventive/corrective actions when necessary to ensure that the project will meet the requirements
- Participate in the GTO project team meetings to highlight preventively risks and support gate decisions
- Ensure the 4Ms (Methods, Inspection, Tools, Training, etc) are preventively analysed and when necessary support to mitigate project risk
- Accurately enter all quality activities into the Project Scoring system
- Relevant qualifications in Engineering, Quality or Business
- Previous work experience with APQP and TS16949 environment
- A minimum of three (3) years' work experience gained in a manufacturing environment with a focus on Project, Engineering or Quality
- Experience leading cross-functional groups on the application of quality tools
- Solid experience in training and applying quality tools (e.g. FMEA, Control Plan, Risk Analysis, Capability Studies, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work within a cross functional team environment
- Solid problem solving skills, including root cause analysis to identify root causes and prevent re-occurrence
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office (excel, word and powerpoint) and the ability to pick up computer systems quickly
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal to effectively engage with honesty, openness and respect
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Passionate about always demonstrating safe workplace health, safety and environment practices
- Work with VGA's core values of Passion, Customer Service, Trust, Change and Energy.
- Competitive remuneration $85,000- $90,000 base salary
- Career development with Global prospects
- Clean and tidy work environment
- Company provided uniforms and safety boots
- Access to on-site subsidised canteen
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and service
- A dedicated Wellness program, including access to on-site physio, discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental
- Workplace Giving Program
- Free parking.
Volvo Group Australia are proud of our inclusive work environment which promotes a supportive energy and encourages individual growth to create strong teams. We are committed to forming a workforce which reflects the exceptionally diverse customers we serve, and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.