Lead Engineer – Mechatronics Engineer Steering systems
With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
The Advanced Steering Systems group is responsible for the development of steering actuators and steering control systems including steering systems for future electrification and redundant steering systems for automation. We are a group of 14 engaged engineers that work with both mechatronics and functional development. The responsibility includes all truck brands within the Volvo Group so we work towards all GTT sites worldwide.
As Mechatronics Engineer at Advanced Steering Systems you will be a part of an agile team responsible for development, specification, documentation and verification of the steering systems. You will also develop requirements, concepts and system solutions within the steering area.
Your main responsibilities will be to…
- Develop front and rear axle steering systems & components
- Work with advanced engineering, new projects and product maintenance
- Participate in technical discussions with suppliers
- Perform experimental tests in vehicles
- Trouble shooting and support to the aftermarket and production plants
- The responsibilities are flexible to some extent in order to achieve the full potential of your background and person
As a person you are driven, innovative and you have a passion for problem solving.
You are open-minded and outgoing. You enjoy teamwork but at the same time you are able to work independently and drive development on your own. You have good communication and presenting skills both in text and verbally.
You have a sense of responsibility and are business and customer oriented.
You most likely have a genuine interest in the automotive industry.
- You have a bachelor or master degree in M.Sc. in Mechatronic, Mechanical engineering or similar
- Experience within CAD (Pro/E)
- Good knowledge in Mechanical and Mechatronic engineering
- Good knowledge of Hydraulic systems
- Experience dealing with mechanical design and development problems
- Fluent in English (Speaking and writing)
- C-driving license
- Knowledge in Volvo Tools
Does the description above match you? Do you feel like working for Volvo? Then you might very well be the one we’re searching for!
For more information please contact
Tommy Burö, Group manager, Advanced Steering Systems, +46 739022915
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.