Senior Buyer Waste heat recovery
is a passionate team of approximately 1200 people located on all continents globally, provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products and services that add real business value for the truck brands of the Volvo Group.
Department: Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing – Powertrain – Combustion
Position: Senior/Lead Buyer (from project activities to commodity activities)
We are looking for a Senior Buyer with a segment leader role, located either in Gothenburg (Sweden) or Saint Priest (France), for Waste Heat Recovery system.
You will join a passionate team, creating business value in an open and multicultural, dynamic, on highly innovative products of the powertrain area.
We value team players, with energy and creativity, who are willing to drive the change and strive for the best in order to deliver results, and motivated by challenging situations.
Your main challenges will be to contribute to segment strategies being an active member in the global network of commodity buyers, in order to select the right suppliers, and to continuously secure the best supplier QDCFTSR performance (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management).
- Develop segment strategy on a growing technology
- Provide required inputs on time for project key decisions
- Build segment strategy & business plan
- Secure supplier selection
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets
- Be an active member in the global network of commodity and project buyers that will be involved in Waste Heat Recovery components
- Secure the outcome of the sourcing in a contractual package
- Execute agreements with suppliers
- Secure Volvo interests (IP, costs, warranty, responsibility matrix)
- Drive supply chain delivery and optimization
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks. Manage crisis situations
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts.
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Several years purchasing experience, preferably in automotive
- Business acumen
- Purchasing and negotiation experience
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Master of Science or Business Administration
- Excellent spoken and written English
We would like to welcome you to our team where positive attitude, perseverance and focus on continuous improvement are a must:
- You like doing business and you are result oriented, with a proven ability to establish targets and drive results
- You are agile and ready to work in a new segment environment where team organization, panel and strategy are under construction
- We believe you are a supportive team player and are comfortable working with different cultures, people and also cross functionally, taking the lead in various groups and situations
- The ability to take ownership for your deliverables is a must, being solution oriented and having analytical mind-set
- We will offer you a very dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to personally grow and develop your skills further
- We strive to be a multicultural organization. We welcome applicants which can even further increase our diversity.
Location: mainly Europe
The Volvo Group aims at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people. Volvo Group Purchasing provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that add real business value for our customers. We are a global division with approximately 1,300 professionals world-wide providing expertise to secure Purchasing Excellence for Customer Success. Volvo Group Purchasing has 120 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend, 2,550 suppliers in serial production, and 1,9 billion parts delivered to the Group Truck plants annually. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and responsible sourcing to the purchasing processes.
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.