Within Group Trucks Technology / Powertrain Engineering, Strategic Development is a global department, which mission is to engineer new concepts in advance for the Volvo products of the next decade.
Principle Powertrain Fuel Cell system expert
Would you like to combine your curiosity, your strong problem solving skills, your analytical side and your sense of details to develop a new area of products for heavy duty applications? Aiming to meet the exciting future in energy efficiency, energy usage and legislations. Do you also find it interesting to work in a global environment with colleagues around the world? Then continue to read because you could be the one we are looking for!
We are looking for an experienced Fuel Cell System Expert to inspire and lead the powertrain system development in the area and in products across the Volvo Group. A person who knows that curiosity, a drive for results and a desire to learn is the key to business success.
In this role you will have a central part in the fuel cell system concepts and technology strategy selections within the Powertrain Strategic Development team. You will represent the Volvo Group in both external, international and internal activities. The role includes both “hands on” activities in order to support our development projects, as well as long term energy perspectives. All in all an exciting role with a wide span from strategies to details. We are proud product owners for components and systems as well as complete powertrains. We work with the whole lifecycle management of our products, from advanced engineering, through product development into the maintenance phase. The majority of our powertrain components are traditional combustion engines, after treatment systems, transmissions and axles but the importance of e-mobility components is growing every day.
- Drive the innovative powertrain fuel cell concept development, management and integration of systems
- Inspire fuel cell system knowledge development, utilization, system analysis and simulation
- Interacting directly with internal and external customers
- Developing and extending professional networks within the area
- Prepare and present technical documentation and papers for review and communication
- Develop the implementation strategy of the fuel cell system concepts
- Requirements management at fuel cell system level for Volvo applications and future legislation
- Component selection for relevant subsystems
Who are you?
You enjoy taking initiatives and love to create relations and networks with the people you work with. You always do it with high integrity in order to create an open and transparent environment. As a person you enjoy cooperating in a team and you have good communication and collaboration skills.
- You have well established experience from fuel cell system development, preferably in the field of heavy duty power operations
- Good knowledge of fundamentals and controls
- At least 5 years of experience in the fuel cell business within system development,
- Strong communication skills in English
- Preferably PhD or Master of Science (or equivalent)
We believe that you have both the personality and the competence to make a difference in our organization. Imagine yourself working in an environment focused on developing solutions for the future transportation business where quality, continuous improvement and environmental sustainability is a part of your day to day work. Sounds interesting?
Welcome with your application today!
For further information about the position, please contact:
Staffan Lundgren, Director Technology Exploration and Strategy +46 31 322 60 45
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.