Lead Engineer- Chassis Equpments-BatteryBox 12/24V
Are you passionate about solving complex mechanical engineering problems? Do you want to work in a dynamic team that is involved in innovative projects?
Integrated in Chassis Technology Global Group, you will be part of Chassis Structure, Equipment & Transport Adaptation Technology Group (CSETA) responsible for designing and owning the BBOX design for all Brands of Volvo truck ranges in the worldwide Volvo group organisation
As Lead Engineer, You will be responsible for delivering technical solutions in term of QDCF to vehicle projects in a cross functional network (quality, manufacturing, purchasing, after sales…).
You will work closely with ETLs, simulation / calculation group and with feature responsible from test department, You will also work in close collaboration with Chassis Technology Groups located at Goteborg and Lyon, and with others Vehicle Engineering departments of the group (Sweden, Japan, US, Brazil, India).
Who are you?
You love challenge. You have excellent technical and leadership skills and you are a great communicator. You enjoy being part of a team, so this job is for you.
As a Lead engineer working with the CSETA Technology, the main deliverables are:
- Lead BBOX Deliveries, Drive and Establish a good Collaborative working with Global Sites.
- Establish a Strong Network with Global Counterparts and Cross functions.
- Good experience handling a team of engineers, Prioritizing the projects Backlog and good negotiation skills.
- In your work, there will be frequent topics to handle with Global XFs and Suppliers around the world. It is required to establish right participation & contribution to the AE, PSRs and KM topics as well.
- Have holistic view on deliverables from other interfaces to secure quality & readiness before release. Spread knowledge and develop competence within the team
- Good knowledge of Metal castings, Sheet metal and Plastic manufacturing pr
Master / Bachelors in mechanical engineering (Masters preferred)
Good Experience in Automotive Product development and Life cycle.
Hands on experience with Metal castings, Sheet metal Design and Plastics process knowledge.
Excellent communication, Cooperation skills. Goal oriented & Drive for Results.
A strong aptitude for team work and working with a cross-functional network
An ability to work independently, with a capacity to present subjects in a structured succinct way
Experience in a multicultural environment, your good relationships will be useful in everyday job to promote your idea and ensure them buy in.
Good Knowledge on Volvo Tools, including CREO CAD system will be and Kola documentation would be a plus
Team work, respect for the individual, passion and continuous improvement are key values for us
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.