Engineering Grad Program: Associate Engineer - Durability/Reliability
Are you looking for a challenging engineering role in an organization that values new ideas and mentors new employees in our products? At the Volvo Group we listen to our employees and encourage them apply their fresh ideas and industry experience to create innovative solutions for our customers. If you thrive in leading change and you are able to contribute to a climate of cross-functional teamwork where everyone is accountable and proud of the products and solutions they create, then we hope you consider joining our team.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
This position is based in Greensboro, NC. We represent the customers voice by translating their needs into feature requirements that we validate, verify and deliver using leading edge and globally developed technology. The purpose of this position is to provide engineering support for VALIDATION & VERIFICATION of new product development. The Test Engineer provides professional expertise as a fully competent engineer within a formal engineering process or a major project. Coordinates and performs complex engineering tasks that support the mission of the unit & department. Requires the ability to interpret the principles, theories and concepts of a specialized engineering area or assignment.
Engineering science defines who we are! Our transport solution products are undeniably among the best in the world. This means engineers are our focal point in order to understand vehicle systems, design, test, and develop the next generation of products and services for the transport and infrastructure industries.
The Engineering Graduate Program is a global, one year program for new graduates who are passionate about engineering and have an ambition for continuous improvement. This unique opportunity offers a combination of on-the-job learning, intensive training modules and project work. The program is offered in the United States, Sweden, France and India and will begin September 2020.
The successful candidate will receive a permanent position in our organization and the chance to impact live projects with exposure to the entire engineering life-cycle. From the start, this position will be given a challenging hands-on role, working in a diverse, global environment. The program training modules will include travel to Sweden, France, and India and are specifically designed as preparation for a career with Volvo.
There will be continuous learning provided throughout the program to include training courses, e-learning, workshops, and specialist training that are applicable to the position. There will be opportunities to develop the individual’s area of expertise and secure valuable professional qualifications. The assigned Manager will conduct frequent reviews as part of a structured development program. At the closing of the program, a concise assessment of performance and competence will be completed and used to develop a career path.
- Product support through the planning, developing, scheduling and directing of a variety of engineering projects of differing scale and complexity
- Provides technical guidance and direction to design engineers and technicians, developing schedules and establishing priorities
- Prepares and estimates program costs for management and maintains costs within established budget
- Responsible for accurate application of a diversified engineering knowledge, requiring advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories with the authority to draw, report and implement conclusions
- Development of test methods and post-processing techniques
- Support data reduction and post digital signal process for data analysis
- Documentation of testing/results in formal Engineering Reports
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related engineering field required; Graduate degree strongly desired
- Successful completion of degree in 2018, 2019 or not later than June 2020
- Applicable internship or co-op experience strongly preferred
- Fluent in English
- Enjoy problem solving. Strong motivation to learn about and to work with trucks will be a plus.
- An aptitude for Mechanical Measurement, Analysis and/or testing is a plus
- Engineering mechanics with emphasize on strength of material (stress analysis), fatigue theory & material failure mechanism. Classes taken & lab work on structure dynamics and vibration are also helpful.
- Experimental lab experience with basic understanding on principle of instrumentation and sensors. Basic knowledge on strain gauges, whetstone bridge and strain gauge-based transducers.
- Good computer skills on programming & numerical method for engineering calculations, interest in digital data processing.
Onsite interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled during the week of November 11th in Greensboro, NC.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify