Intern: Logistics Engineering (Spring 2020)
We are currently looking for students to work with our production & supply chain teams as a Logistics Engineering intern. You should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of logistics in manufacturing. As a valued member of our team within GTO, you will have the opportunity to work directly on production focusing on increasing efficiency and quality while utilizing your engineering education and continuous improvement mindset. GTO’s goal is to contribute to your development, as well as providing an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry.
- Drive lean methodology and lean material flow principles
- Data Analysis on timely delivery of parts and inventory levels
- Data analysis focus on standards, repeatability and trends
- Assist in logistics root cause analysis
- Help facilitate continuous improvement and identify opportunities on your own to implement
- Participate in project planning, implementation and improvements
- Works with the production and supply chain teams to reduce non-value add activities
- Assist with Plant Summer Shutdown planning activities
- Assist in follow-up, reports and flow charts.
- Participate in functional meetings.
- Good attitude & continuous improvement mindset are critical to performing daily activities in this engineering role
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Supply Chain or Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Spring Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify