Co-op: Quality Engineering (Spring 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Quality team as Quality Engineer co-op. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Quality team within GTO, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineering focusing on Project and Product quality improvements. GTO’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Project & Product Quality Manager.
· Apply academic knowledge to professional activities for Volvo group by working on important and innovative projects.
· Integrate knowledge and skills in manners that are mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Group.
· Support Product and Industrial Projects working with project quality activities like FMEA, Control Plan, Risk Management, Process capability and others.
· Proactively support the Quality team in quality tools and methods.
· Participate in Problem Solving and Root cause analysis.
· Apply the VPS (Volvo Production System) principles and tools.
· Support intern activities (presentation, training, visitor, etc.).
· Assist in follow-up, reports and flow charts.
· Participate in functional meetings.
· Participate or lead Kaizen relate to the quality department.
· Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
· Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
· Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
· Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
· Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
· Customer Focus
· Technical Skills
· Peer Relationships
· Integrity and Trust
· Standing Alone
· Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify