Chief Engineer Vehicle Concepts, Analysis, Environment & AE Governance
As a Chief Engineer for Vehicle Concepts, Analysis & Advance Engineering Governance CAST & VE support, you will be in charge of the analytics and analysis of vehicle performance. Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Support with vehicle performance analysis in and in-between projects from early Vehicle Concepts and Platform Studies through Vehicle Projects and validation of Product Quality
- Responsible for Advanced Engineering portfolio governance, and drive advanced vehicle projects
- Drive and develop vehicle performance analysis methods in VE and Provide analysis environment and support for vehicle analysis (CVM & VTM)
- Support with data analytics on vehicle populations in a platform context to combine vehicle performance, operating conditions, product structure information and sales statistics. This to identify optimal strategic vehicle specifications and requirements on a minimum set of differentiated technical solutions
- Securing information and data management by driving advanced engineering projects and secure portfolio governance
- Drive technology strategy and secure public funding strategy
Vehicle Engineering is a global function within Group Trucks Technology (GTT) responsible for developing vehicles for Volvo, Renault, and Mack Trucks within the Volvo Group. Together we develop components and systems which we integrate in the vehicles in an optimal way.
As the Chief Engineer you will be part of a global environment and a member in the CAST and VE support Management team. You will report directly to VP for CAST and VE support and together with your colleagues, engineers, analysts and project leaders you will lead complex challenges and create solutions used all around the world.
This is you
To be successful in this position we believe that you have:
- A Master of Science in the Automotive field or similar
- Considerable knowledge about our vehicle products, their usage and performance
- Leadership experience from Product Development especially within the area of forefront technology development/research
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written English
To sum up
Volvo Group are on our way in to a great technology shift. The transport industry and our society are changing. We have yet only seen a few glimpses of the greatness that awaits us and it is now up to us to create the tomorrow we would like to be a part of. We want to stay in the front seat as the world leading and pioneers in our field and we need your expertise, your drive and your power of initiative to create a better environment. Put yourself behind the steering wheel and lead us to a better tomorrow. Let us define the future.
For more information please contact
Kristina Nilsson, VP Cast & VE Support +46 31 322 7668
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.