Intern: Lean & Continuous Improvement (Spring 2020)
The Remanufacturing organization comprises of about 800 employees in 7 locations world-wide. Our task is to remanufacture main components to the Volvo Group mainly Engines and Gearboxes including managing the cores. Remanufacturing services all Brands and Business Areas in the Volvo Group.
We are passionate about remanufacturing and we are looking for the next generation of talent who shares that passion and would like to be a part of Remanufacturing Charlotte.
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Charlotte Remanufacturing by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full-time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Charlotte Remanufacturing.
Principle Duties and Accountabilities
- Assists in the process layout, testing, and evaluation of mechanical and electro-mechanical devices or systems.
- Performs process development activities.
- Work towards improving efficiency and pursuing zero defects.
- Understand, promote, and apply VPS on a daily basis.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Excellent organizational skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Customer Focus
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Learning on the Fly
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify