Business Development Manager
Region Europe Industrial Sales & Marketing
The Volvo Penta vision is to be the world leader in sustainable power solutions. We have a history of innovation and enjoy strong market positions based on our current product and service offer. We are now in the starting blocks of developing next generation products and solutions that will be connected, electrified and automated.
Our employees describe Volvo Penta as a great place to work, built upon respect and commitment. We encourage people to take individual responsibility and offer exciting assignments in a highly innovative environment. We strongly believe that high performance comes from having fun at work, and the courage to think outside the box. Come and join us. We are both world leading and pioneers in our field. You will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We offer an exciting opportunity for you to be part of the team driving the industrial power systems business, one of the fastest growing segments at Volvo Penta. Region Europe is one of three sales regions, offering the complete range of Volvo Penta products including industrial and marine power systems, parts and services to OEMs, dealers and fleet owners.
The Business Development department is primarily responsible for early phases of developing sales, overall sales process development, drive and execute key marketing events and to secure that we make progress with our customer prospect portfolio across the European sales region. Come join our journey with significant growth ambitions.
We believe our candidate is a team player with a collaborative spirit with the ability to inspire and energy to engage others. You have the mentality of a creative self-starter with ability to work independently. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit with good social networking capabilities with a result-oriented mindset and an outstanding drive. You are persistent and self-going doer with a strategic mind and skill set combined with business acumen, dedicated to customer and business success. You will mainly work in Europe and need to have an international attitude and an interest for diverse business cultures, as well as working across all company functions.
- Developing the sales for industrial power system products, prospect new high potential or strategically important customers, lead and develop new industrial business opportunities, visit customers and prospects together with our Market units across Europe
- Market analysis regarding customers & potential prospects. Support the organization with competitor, market and product information
- Support and represent the industrial sales organization in Europe. Be the voice of the OEM by conveying demands into the Product Development organization
- Active in marketing activities such as exhibitions, press releases & advertising
- Drive business transformation towards electrified solutions across Europe
- Experience from Business Development, Marketing and Sales in relevant fields in a global environment. Project sales experience is meritorious
- Experience from business transformation, change management and cross-functional project management is valuable
- Technical knowledge and interest in diesel engines, drivelines and industrial applications
- Relevant experience within electric and hybrid drivelines is preferable and highly valued
- Fully proficient in English, other languages, considered as additional qualifications
- Strong general computer skills, in Microsoft Office and CRM
- University degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration
- Willingness to travel and with boots on the ground attitude
We believe that diversity is a prerequisite for business success.
For further information please contact:
Anna Maria Ullnert, Director Business Development, +46 313238183
Margareta Orrheim, VP HR Region Europe, +46 31 3225846
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.