Regional HR Business Partner - Service Market Log. - Ghent and EU
Service Market Logistics (SML) is part of Group Trucks Operations. We are an organization of approximately 4000 employees globally in more than 40 locations. Every day, we are delivering world class operational excellence for our customers, based on smart logistics solutions. Our job is to develop, manage and optimize the Service Market supply chain for all Volvo Group brands and JV’s. The scope for Service Market Logistics includes Flow Optimization, Inventory Management, Distribution Center operations, Customs & Trade as well as the development of logistics solutions to ensure the highest possible parts availability, delivery precision and quality everywhere in the world. We strive for an innovative and diverse workplace, exercising the Volvo Group values with high focus on customer success.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We are looking for a qualified and senior Regional HRBP to join our Gent and EU HR extended team consisting of 12 colleagues, located in Sweden (Gothenburg and Eskilstuna) and in Belgium (Ghent).
The role as Regional HRBP in Ghent is comes with a lot of responsibility and ownership. Being service minded, proactive and a true team player is crucial to succeed in the role. You will collaborate closely with your HR colleagues and leaders across the region, which will give you a broad understanding of our business. You will be an active member in the management teams and you will report to the HR Director Gent and EU.
WHAT DO YOU LOVE?
Would others describe you as a passionate HR Manager with a curious and innovative mindset? Do you have a deep understanding of developing people and leading organizational change to improve business results? Are you ready to build employee engagement so that they can bring their best every single day? Would you thrive in a role that gives you the chance to make a real impact in a continuously changing environment? Well then, this opportunity is for you!
The primary responsibility of the Regional HRBP is to represent Service Market Logistics (SML) in Belgium and to be responsible for Labor Relations and legal compliance from an HR point of view.
As Regional HRBP, you will drive the HR agenda for regional functions through coaching and leadership development and you will follow up on implementation of the HR strategy and participate in the management team of the respective departments.
In your role as Regional HRBP you will advise and support in all HR related issues that drive business performance and contribute in meeting our business goals and translate business strategy into aligned HR plans and actions.
Your main focus will be to:
- Represent SML on Gent site and in country negotiation team and labor and relations meeting
- Ensure legal compliance in HR matters in close collaboration with HR Manager DC Gent. Intervene and escalate when needed
- Be responsible for country and regional compliance within employment laws and legislations in close collaboration with HR Manager DC Gent
- Represent SML in HR Country Committee, Compensation Committee and Mobility Forum, Representative in CPBW, Works Council and Economic Financial Information Forum.
- Secure and develop collaboration with relevant stakeholders at the site, in the country, HR Region Gent and EU etc.,
- Drive the best employee experience trough overall management around our HR policies, strategies and roadmap
- Consult with local business leaders and provide analyses and recommendations in areas such as: Performance Management, Competence Development, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Workforce Planning, Recruitment, and Compensation and Benefits
- Build strong relationships with and pro-actively coach, develop and support our leaders in the functions on a daily basis regarding all HR matters on a strategic, tactical and operational level
- Act as a change agent to drive a continuous improvement mindset in a culture of high performance and accountability
- Drive organization development and change activities. Act as change agent to support managers in the roll out of organizational initiatives, and promote cross-cultural integration
ARE YOU THE ONE?
In a company that values Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change and Performance, you hold a strong personal credibility, integritiy and creativity. You have excellent communication skills and influencing capabilities, with the ability to create trustful relations in a cultural and geographical diverse environment.
You also possess the necessary skills in coaching and facilitation as well as having a good understanding of interpersonal relations and organizational development.
To be successful in your new role we want you have the following knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent work experience is required
- Relevant and substantial experience in Human Resources and Labor Relations
- Demonstrated experience in Belgian social law and experience in negotiating with unions both industrial workers and office workers. Extensive knowledge of local labor laws
- You are skilled in Belgian social law and have demonstrated experience and extensive knowledge in negotiating with, unions both industrial workers and office workers and Works Council
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
- Love solving and analyzing problems to build creative solutions
- Good understanding of and strong interest in people development and the Lean concept.
- A strategic mindset as well as an eye for details
- Demonstrated ability to drive and implement change
- Experience from working within operations, manufacturing or similar
- You have excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both verbal and written. Other languages are beneficial
A PERFECT MATCH
Do you strive to get the best out of people? This could be just the job for you! We cannot promise you an effortless job, but we can promise you skilled colleagues and truly exciting challenges to work with. You will work in a regional environment that provides you with development opportunities, both professionally and personally. We want you to prosper and be happy, because when you succeed, we succeed.
At Service Market Logistics, we are actively working to establish groupings that will take maximum advantage of the strength inherent in differences in knowledge, experience, age, gender and nationality, etc. We find that well-balanced working groups increase group dynamics, creativity and new approaches to solutions.
LET’S DO THIS!
Are you ready to learn and develop with us? Get inspired by our film about the Gent & EU region and get to know your future environment!
Welcome with your application, interviews will be conducted continuously.
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS?
Contact hiring Manager: Linda Skår, HR Director SML Region Gent and Europe, +46 31 3224444
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.