Are we a perfect match?
Are you interested in developing state-of-the-art software applications? Are you passionate about leading edge technologies? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic global environment? Would you like being part of building a strong new team? Then you will probably enjoy working with us.
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization within Volvo Group focused on creating the services of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing telematics data from over 900 000 Volvo assets (trucks, buses, construction equipment, engines) globally. This way we can forecast the future and help customers succeed, while increasing the safety, quality and sustainability of Volvo Group products.
We are now looking for Java Developers who will develop a completely new portal with tools for connected services and which will enable in-depth trouble shooting and data analysis across our complete stack of micro services. Depending on your skills and experience, you will be able to develop both frontend and/or backend capabilities. As this is a DevOps team you will also be part of taking full ownership of the solution.
We are looking to find a good composition of senior and more junior developers for the team to create a balanced and high-performing team where collaboration and team spirit are key values.
Being based in Lindholmen Science Park you will work with us in the heart of a vibrant area that lives and breathes new technology like IoT, autonomous driving, electro mobility and digitalization. Here the development is massive, and new buildings and companies are popping up almost daily!
We are proud to say that we are using the latest Java technologies delivering a very modern micro service based service platform hosted in the cloud. Of course we use agile methods and as we are adopting the DevOps model your work will cover a broad spectrum all the way from developing future “killer applications” to managing the lifecycle of the ones in runtime.
As a person you have analytical skills and you love to solve problems. You are good at communicating, both when it comes to technical details as well as business needs. Being a team player with positive mindset and a customer oriented attitude is in your nature, and you know the various challenges of application development. You must care for empowerment, inspiration and a “can do” attitude in the agile team to complete each sprint as planned.
Welcome to the heart of connectivity!
- Develop and maintain a new tools portal – frontend and backend - according to our development standards (epics and user stories will be given, but to understand the wanted effect you should also be able to read between the lines)
- Deploy, operate and maintain our applications incl. driving continuous improvement of the same for better quality, functionality, cost effectiveness, etc.
- Actively contribute to the solution design of new solutions
- And finally, but not at least, continuously reflect upon how we are doing things and where we can improve
Competence Profile & Qualifications
Your personality is your major success factor, but we think you have:
- A university degree in software engineering, computer science or similar
- Some or several years’ working experience as Application Developer is preferred, but we also recognize experience through own hobby projects
- Experience of Java 8 and Spring
- Knowledge in asynchronous programming, JMS, Active MQ, REST, micro service architecture, cloud services, test automation frameworks and React is a great plus
- Experience from mobile (connected) applications is also a great plus
- Fluent in English - both written and spoken. Basic skills in Swedish is preferred (then it will be much easier to pick up “korridorssnack”)
- Valid work-permit for Sweden, if not EU-citizen
The position is based at Lindholmen in Gothenburg, Sweden.
For more information please contact:
Ulrika Allén, +46 739025641
Application screening and interviews will be starting immediately. We are looking forward to receiving your application.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 900 000 Volvo assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!