Delivery and Solution Leader
The Delivery and Solution Leader is responsible to manage direct interaction with business stakeholders regarding solution requirements and deliveries. It includes both one time and runtime deliveries in application management context.
- Plan, assign, manage and control activities, team workload/capacity planning, applicative department priorities, various objectives on quality, timeline, cost, etc.
- Main point of contact for business requirement, roll out needs etc.
- Contribute to the establishment of the solution delivery plan aligned with the level of business criticality within the budget frame
- Define authorization rules for application access and manage application access
- Handle and prioritize requirements from the Process & Solution Key User network in collaboration with the Business process developer
- Secure solution competence for functional application support
- Secure continuity management for the solution
- Propose prioritization of changes in the solution like error corrections and change requests
- Propose the release plan for the solution including new development in line with business priorities
- Define and decide which business functionality, or information integrity tests to be part of a user acceptance test and secure that user acceptance test will be performed
- Make sure that training needs are identified and training plan is secured for the solution including complete training material
- Communicate enhancement estimates to the manager of the business solution portfolio, Process Manager or equivalent
- Ensure that the solution lifecycle is properly executed
- Set the requirements and approve hand over from project to maintenance
- Secure that all individual solutions within the assigned sub-portfolio continuously adhere to Volvo Group Policies, Directives and Guidelines
- Secure alignment to governance directives, best practices, business processes and implement recommended tools and methods
- Work proactively with continuous improvements
- Responsible for one or several local appointed business critical IT solutions used by Volvo Bus North America
- Propose needed service level targets
- Actively contribute with knowledge sharing amongst colleagues by participating in Solution Leader community and act as an ambassador in an external context
- Financially responsible for Volvo Bus North America applications portfolio ( approx. 1.1M$ CAD per year)
- Bachelor in Computer Science or any other relevant academic;
- 5 to 7 years of expertise in a similar position.
- Very good analytical and synthesis skills ;
- ITIL Certification ;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Strong ability to build relationships with various internal and external stakeholders ;
- Team spirit ;
- Bilingual (French/English) ;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software suite (Power Point, Excel, Word, Visio).
- Project management methodology knowledge
Volvo IT North America | Volvo Group, subscribes to the Employment Equity Program.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.