Senior Supplier Quality Engineer to Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing
General description of Supplier Quality Assurance department
The supplier quality department, belonging to Volvo Group Purchasing, we driving the global supplier base towards premium automotive quality standards and wold class. The department is responsible to continuously improve the supplier base and the quality of purchased parts. The three main customers for the Supplier Quality Assurance department in Europe are Volvo Trucks, Renault Trucks and Volvo Bus.
Job main description:
There is now an opportunity to join the SQA CVD team Europe, as a senior SQE.
The job as a supplier quality engineer (SQE) is many times challenging and often rewarding. Responsible to secure correct level of quality at our suppliers to be able to have high quality products for our end-customers. As an APQP ambassador you will during the projects be involved in everything from product development to quality assurance of the production processes on-site at your suppliers. As a consequence of successful APQP work and preventive supplier quality activities you will sign off the supplier PPAP allowing production to start at the suppliers. The SQE monitors the quality of the development, industrialization and secure the lunch of new products at the Volvo Group suppliers. The SQE is responsible to secure that the suppliers are delivering according to projects specifications and time plans. He / She shall secure that the supplier can produce the parts according to the specification with the correct and sustainable quality level. In case of supplier caused problem during the development stages, the SQE is entitled to demand improvement plan to secure a successful implementation.
During sourcing phases you will provide relevant supplier facts as a base for the sourcing cases. You are also an interface between our operation plants and the suppliers during running production and you will together with our plants minimize disturbance by steering improvements and ensuring solid actions at suppliers. The portfolio includes machining, forging, casting and assemblies containing many parts and different technologies.
You should have an eye for details but also have a good general understanding of the situation, being able to make risk assessments and focus on the right areas. You must be a good communicator and a multicultural team player, both internally Volvo but also towards supplier management team.
The job needs frequent travels (up to 3-4 times per month during some periods)
- Preferred Bachelor in Engineering, or more then 5 years of technical experience needed (extensive experience and strong performance can substitute for academic degree)
- Experience from supplier quality work within automotive business
- Knowledge in Machining, Forging, Casting, Assembly, Geometry, Surface treatment and Complex assembly processes is beneficial
- 3 years’ experience in a quality position in automotive industry, preferably with PPAP and APQP work
- Uses structured approach with good analytical skills and logical thinking, Strong problem-solving abilities
- Strong continuous improvement skills
- Good English communication skills, both orally and in writing, plus local language
- Good general technical knowledge, like reading drawings and technical documents
- Good knowledge of automotive quality standards and tools, such as IATF /ISO/TS 16949
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Preventive mindset but also leadership when it comes to solve problems and to make decision
- Ability to create networks and to lead cross functional activities within multi-cultural teams
- Computer skills, Microsoft well managed
- Can work with significant independence
- Car driving licence
For further information, please contact:
Benny Röhl, SQA Manager CVD and rubbers. Acting manager for CAB SQA team.
Phone number. +46 73 9028518
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.