Service Designer (Innovation & CX)
Are you passionate about customer experience and ready to design the future of the transportation industry? Do you want to promote a strong cultural transformation by designing new services and value for demanding customers? If so, this is your call.
We are seeking a Service Designer to join us in the Services & New Concepts Development team. In this role, you will work with a multidisciplinary team of experts to create the Next-Gen of Services to Volvo Trucks in Latin America. As a Service Designer, you will be a hands-on design expert, taking concepts forward and working hand-in-hand with partners to implement new services to our customers in a digital and physical ecosystem.
The Service Designer role will be responsible to identify touchpoints in the customer journey where new services and solutions can add value to customers and creates sustainable business models for Volvo Trucks.
She/he will also be responsible to design and implement all customer's interaction with the new service and the behind-the-scenes activities that enable a premium experience.
- Communicate and envision service concepts and ideas to team members, partners, and customers.
- Hands-on design expert, taking concepts forward and working hand-in-hand in a cross-functional team and with partners to implement services.
- Distill business, customer, and partner constraints into digestible components for the design team.
- Apply a diverse set of methods & tools that illustrate all the components and touch-points of the service.
- Instill project teams with the confidence and discipline to explore innovative design solutions while respecting deadlines
- Develop and deliver progress reports, requirements, documentation and presentations.
- Managing related budgets and partner relationships to successfully deliver projects on time
- You have launched, run, or scaled a service or a business in a developing country
- You can work in the field and in the boardroom.
- You are passionate about innovation and entrepreneurship and believe that open innovation is the way to accelerate development and overcome challenges.
- You know how to communicate something new to an audience - think agents, third party businesses and customers.
- You approach things systemically and are a natural at zooming out to see the big picture, then diving in to nail the important details.
- You are passionate about growing people-first services. From value proposition to brand to customer experience to scale, you thrive in putting all of the pieces together.
- You have experience designing and/or implementing solutions in resource-constrained environments.
- You love to co-create with customers, partner, and diverse stakeholders and you are comfortable navigating tough situations in a changing scenario.
- You get a lot of pleasure in seeing projects through.
- Strong experience in a design consultancy or equivalent position
- Proven designs and experience of launched services that have been implemented in the real world
- Deep expertise in design thinking/human-centered design
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant service design discipline
- Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity
- Experience designing and implementing solutions in resource-constrained environments
- Experience crafting a project vision, execution strategy, and customer relationship
- Experience with conception, ideation, and iterative prototyping
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, customers, and key stakeholders
- Fluent English and advanced Spanish languages are mandatory.
Please upload your résumé, cover letter, and relevant work samples. In your cover letter, please describe an example of service design that is inspirational to you, represents the future direction for service, leverages mobile and digital technology in non-traditional ways, opens up new types of incentives and business models, and serves customers and businesses in new and better ways.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.