Co-op: Engineering, Product Verification Management (Spring 2020)
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Product Verification Management Group as an Engineering Co-op. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering and software. As a valued member of the Product Verification Group within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with engineering. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Product Verification Group Manager.
- Verification of internal and external requirements for OBD
- Define, lead, coordinate test request
- Focused on, but not limited to, performance evaluation of powertrain components within vehicle and in durability test cells
- Prepare, perform and analyze tests
- Coordinate and issue test requests and work orders to laboratory
- Keep test object updated in PROTUS
- Create, update and follow time plan
- Deliver correct test results and use correct test measurements
- Issue Protus fault and engineering reports (ER)
- Make recommendations to Verification Leader
- Highlight need for support and resource issues
- Propose and develop test procedures and other process improvements
- Testing primarily occurs while in vehicle/durability test cell
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a mechanical engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op/internship.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must receive college credit or academic transcription notation for co-op.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify