Are you engaged in your work, professional in everything you do and prepared to go that extra mile? If yes – then the Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing (GTP) is the right place for you. GTP provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that add real business value for our customers.
GTP is located in 52 sites around the world, has 1 300 employees and a yearly spend of 120 BSEK. We have 2,550 suppliers in serial production that deliver 1.9 billion parts to Group Truck plants annually. We are a global team working with pride, breaking new grounds and capturing the latest innovations as well as supporting the brands and safeguarding Volvo Group synergies. We work together with speed and agility, and with a strong mandate towards our suppliers and internal stakeholders.
We like to work hard, have fun and we are committed to our customers and the Volvo Group success. You will work with a high performing team aiming at world-class Purchasing – do you have what it takes?
Vehicle EECA (Electrical, Electronics, Connectivity & Automation) being the Strategic steering line for these Purchasing activities within GTP, organizes a strong collaboration within teams spread across different sites/regions. We are also the operational line responsible for EECA Europe business all along the purchasing process (sourcing/projects/operations/revenue service parts). The team is responsible to drive end to end Purchasing activities whilst securing QDCF-TSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) targets.
In our fast changing world, where the Transport solutions industry is disrupted by some key society and technology trends, we are now hiring the Electrical Purchasing Manager.
The Electrical arena is a mix of well-known and new technologies driven by the emergence of electro-mobility in our industry. This creates an extremely dynamic environment with new players and new technologies arising every day. The Purchasing function needs to be on top of this game by scouting and selecting new partners worldwide, capturing innovation that will bring value to our customers and driving performance on a daily basis.
As Manager Electrical Purchasing, you are in the forefront of this journey aiming at bringing the Volvo group a competitive advantage.
You drive and manage the performance of your department from a QDCF-TSR stand point. You lead a team of Buyers and in your area of scope, manage supplier relationships, cross functional collaboration, and contribute to supplier negotiation & global segment strategies.
Reporting To: Vice President EECA Purchasing
Location: Flexible between Göteborg, Sweden and Lyon, France.
- Be a member in EECA Purchasing leadership team and contribute to the development of the department in an active way
- Staff his/her team and drive its competence development individually and collectively, especially in respect of electro-mobility
- Drive department activities towards the wanted position
- Manage the overall supplier relationships and implement the global segment strategies
- Secure needed communication with cross functional teams
- Manage purchasing QDCF- TSR deliverables
- Secure and manage resources within his/her area
- Responsible for budget & operating expenses
- Work in accordance with the Volvo processes, the Code of Conduct and the Volvo Values
- Manage cross functional interactions with his/her internal stakeholders
Competence & Experience
- University degree in Engineering/Technology and/or Business Administration
- Strong and inspiring Leadership skills
- Deep understanding of the Purchasing operations
- Management experience in an international environment
- High level of integrity and trust
- Interested in future business trends and technology
- Ability to go from the holistic strategic view and into the details
- Ability to handle ambiguities and hold things together during tough times
- Ability to create networks and to lead cross-functional activities within multi-cultural teams
- Face problems and act quickly and directly. Provide direct & actionable feedback
- Ability to manage diversity and offer opportunities for personal/professional development
- Ability to build an effective team with a common objective, strong morale and spirit
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta. We aim at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.