Intern: Retail Development (Spring 2020)
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment and to support/promote the students’ career goals through contacts with professionals in their fields of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for the Volvo Group by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full time professionals work together on projects within their selected organizations. These assignments allow students to integrate knowledge and skills in manners that are mutually beneficial to the students and the Volvo Group.
Based on a new generational mind set, the purpose of the intern will be to analyze the current process implemented in Mack Latin America to manage the operational planning process and bonus plans. With that understanding and with the use of the NA available process and tools, He / she will develop the interface for data management. Current data is provided by Mack Latin America importers. She / he will work with the Retail Development Manager for the Latin American markets to secure that the growth initiatives for Latin America are included as part of the scope of this project. She/ he will have the support also of the Retail Development Director to secure strategic alignment. The candidate should be skilled in MS Access and either Qlikview or MS PowerBI.
- Assist in creating automated Operational Plans and data management using PowerBI, google sheets, etc.
- Network’s Operational Plans – follow up and maintain User Interface for Mack Export importers to input necessary KPIs and integrate back-end database to compile all relevant information
- Network’s Bonus Plans – Create a User Interface for the Mack Latin America importers to input necessary KPIs and integrate back-end database to compile all relevant information
- Support on additional projects from the Retail Development department
- Thorough understanding of data analysis and interpretation
- Knowledge of Power BI
- Basic business and accounting principles
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and Business Intelligence software
- Willingness to develop a project and collaborate with stakeholders inside the organization
- Passion for using analytics in problem solving
- Record of building and maintaining strong working relationships
- Strong business and financial understanding
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in truck industry
- MS Acess, Excel
- Ability to read and write fluent Spanish preferred but not mandatory
- Must be enrolled full time at an accredited school
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, or Math. (MBA Preferred) at an accredited school and have at least 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- Applicants must have a Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Spring Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Founded in 1900, Mack Trucks - recognized around the world as “The American Truck You Can Count On” – to builds durable and reliable, application-driven vehicles that get the job done. An iconic brand, Mack embodies the American spirit: pioneering, hard-working, authentic and ambitious. With Mack Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify