The parts manager is responsible for ensuring that our customers receive the very best in parts support and service. It includes day-to-day leading, developing and managing all positions within the department and for meeting parts sales, gross margin, parts administration and inventory goals.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Management and monitoring of Parts Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction of parts sales growth and parts marketing
- Parts inventory management (receiving, warehousing, shipment, ordering, monitoring backorders)
- Promotes and merchandises parts and accessories in conjunction with marketing programs to meet department profitability and goals.
- Coordination of parts activity with Sales, Rental and Service departments
- Maintains an accurate and effective parts inventory control system that includes a perpetual and/or annual physical inventory and proper counter procedures
- Identify ordered parts with long lead time and obtain through alternate suppliers within price guidelines
- Monitor all parts orders for full and timely shipment to customer
- Submits all parts warranty and return claims within the required time frame to receive maximum credit
- Provide alternatives for parts not in stock or not easily identifiable – interact with service department to provide viable alternatives
- Effectively engages department personnel by recommending training and preparing employee performance evaluations.
- Branch Safety and Environmental compliance according to corporate guidelines.
- Manages employee development activities and performance through coaching and performance evaluations.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- BS/BA in business related field, preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in parts sales, marketing, product support, product management or related field.
- Strong manager with problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed problem solving and troubleshooting skills required.
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting
- May require some standing at a time.
- My requires some physical exertion to manually move lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials, up to 10lbs.
- May require stooping, bending, and overhead reaching.
- May work in surrounding with a noisy and dusty environment.
- Must be able to climb stairs and may need to use a small step ladder.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify