Supplier Quality Engineer
We are now looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer located in Sweden or in France. The supplier portfolio is made of electrical and electronic parts.
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is responsible to perform quality assurance activities with external suppliers to Volvo in order to secure purchased components to design specifications. This is accomplished by working with Purchasing and Engineering from the sourcing phases up to serial production.
As APQP ambassador you will during the projects be involved in everything from product development to quality assurance of the production lines on-site at your suppliers. As a consequence of successful APQP work and preventive supplier quality activities you will sign off the supplier PPAP allowing production to start at the supplier. The SQE monitors the quality of the development and the industrialization of new products at the Volvo Group suppliers. The SQE is responsible to secure that the suppliers are delivering according to projects specifications and time plans. The SQE shall secure that the supplier can produce the parts according to the specification with the correct and sustainable quality level.
You are also an interface between our operation plants and the suppliers during running production and you will together with our plants minimize disturbance by steering improvements and ensuring solid actions at suppliers. You are also supporting solving customer issues.
You should have an eye for details but also have a good understanding of the general situation in a project, being able to make risk assessments and focus on the right areas. You work in a structured and analytical way when solving problems and have a preventive and continuous improvement mind-set. You must be a good communicator and a multicultural team player, both internally Volvo but also towards supplier management team.
- Lead and coordinate cross-functionally APQP/PPAP activities for various purchased parts and projects
- Be involved in the supplier selection and development work in order to ensure that the requirements are correctly understood by our suppliers and that their processes are capable to produce accordingly
- Work closely together with our Engineering in order to make sure quality is built into the original design of our products
- Monitor supplier quality performance and lead potential supplier quality crisis
- Work with the Volvo warranty group, plant quality, and quality engineering groups to eliminate potential field and customer claims
- Maintain and update the various quality assurance and IT systems within Volvo
- Contribute to best practice/ knowledge sharing in the team
- Preferred Bachelor or master in Engineering
- Good skills of electrical and electronics components and manufacturing processes
- Structured approach with good analytical skills and logical thinking
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Strong continuous improvement skills
- Experience of interacting with suppliers
- Good English communication skills, both orally and in writing
For further information, please contact:
Alexandra Picamal, SQ&D Manager EMEA, Electrical, Electronics, Connectivity and Automation, Phone: +33664403787
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.