Assembler - Nova Bus
Your main responsibility will be to perform the assembly of various components for our low-floor buses. As an assembler, you could be called upon to work in several different departments of our production line. You must be proficient in accessing, understanding and utilizing all relevant production tools, documentation, and programs (including computer programs) used by Nova Bus. Work may or may not be repetitive and may require versatility on your part.
- Regular and consistent attendance including scheduled overtime during off-shift and weekends
- Perform duties as assigned for assembly of buses within or outside the normal workstation
- Demonstrate your ability and knowledge to correct any defects found during course of normal operations
- Maintain all productivity requirements of work team and facility; meet takt time goals
- Participate in team meetings (i.e. morning mtgs., OD, 5S, etc.)
- Maintain positive and professional attitude
- Experience in mechanical, electrical and pneumatic assembly processes
- Good level of manual dexterity
- Ability to use hand or power tools to perform any assembly-type function
- Able to read detailed plans
- Good problem solving skills
- Commitment to quality work
- Support and participate in continuous improvement efforts
- Able to work in a team based environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- High School diploma or GED required
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify