Lead Systems Engineer - Electromobility
The Driveline and Hybrids group within Technology is responsible for the application and maintenance of the powertrain components from the flywheel to the driven wheels; clutches, transmissions, driveshafts, axles, hybrid and electric drivetrains. Driveline engineers are responsible to plan, schedule and coordinate detailed phases of a portion of a major engineering project or a total project of moderate scope.
This position provides technical expertise to the organization in the areas of product integration, testing and system specification for Energy Storage Systems & Charging systems for Class 8 Commercial Heavy Duty Electric Vehicles. Additionally this position will provide 50% of its time for principal investigator emobility work for Volvo Technology of America. A Principal Investigator is the primary individual responsible for the administration and performance of a research grant, cooperative agreement, contract, or other sponsored project in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and institutional policy governing the conduct of sponsored research.
- This position primarily supports evaluating vehicle needs into E-mobility components
- The Engineer will also be responsible for taking the electric vehicle attributes and convert them to output attributes for charger or ESS (Energy Storage Systems)
- Work Closely with GCR (Global Component Responsible) Engineer for final verification of the designs for North American E-mobility applications
- Support and actively participate in commissioning/decommissioning and trouble-shooting Electrical issues on Project Electric Vehicles
- Break-Down North America requirements for ESS/Charging systems and anchor it with Project Manager/GCR’s
- In the PI role, act in the role of project manager with respect to approved and signed contractual obligation
- In the PI role, collect and compile input from all internal and external team members to report on project status (technical & financial) while tracking, documenting and reporting on milestones and deliveries to the governing authority
- Represent the project team in external events while, supporting communication/public affairs teams with technical input
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering/Mechatronics required; Master of Science preferred
- 5-10 yrs experience required with preferably prior working experience in the automotive industry
- Minimum 2 years of experience in project management
- Prior experience in 300V/400V & 600V traction voltage systems preferred
- Candidates with experience in scaling voltage components would be considered
- Domestic and International travel up to 15-20% may be required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify