Lead Systems Engineer - Electromobility
Take the opportunity to join the exciting change journey Powertrain Engineering (PE) is embarking on when creating the future powertrains for our customers as well as the future working place for our employees.
The Driveline and Hybrids group within Technology is responsible for the application and maintenance of the powertrain components from the flywheel to the driven wheels; clutches, transmissions, driveshafts, axles, hybrid and electric drivetrains. Driveline engineers are responsible to plan, schedule and coordinate detailed phases of a portion of a major engineering project or a total project of moderate scope.
This position provides technical expertise to the organization in the areas of product integration, testing and system specification for Energy Storage Systems & Charging systems for Class 8 Commercial Heavy Duty Electric Vehicles. Additionally this position will provide 50% of its time for principal investigator E-mobility work for Volvo Technology of America. A Principal Investigator is the primary individual responsible for the administration and performance of a research grant, cooperative agreement, contract, or other sponsored project in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and institutional policy governing the conduct of sponsored research.
We are now looking for a Lead Systems Engineer to support our E-mobility components. We believe this is a position for a person that has broad technical know-how combined with very good people skills and the ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
- This position primarily supports evaluating vehicle needs into E-mobility components.
- The Engineer will also be responsible for taking the electric vehicle attributes and convert them to output attributes for charger or ESS (Energy Storage Systems).
- Work Closely with GCR (Global Component Responsible) Engineer for final verification of the designs for North American E-mobility applications.
- Support and actively participate in commissioning/decommissioning and trouble-shooting Electrical issues on Project Electric Vehicles.
- Break-Down North America requirements for ESS/Charging systems and anchor it with Project Manager/GCR’s.
- In the PI role, act in the role of project manager with respect to approved and signed contractual obligation.
- In the PI role, collect and compile input from all internal and external team members to report on project status (technical & financial) while tracking, documenting and reporting on milestones and deliveries to the governing authority.
- Represent the project team in external events while, supporting communication/public affairs teams with technical input.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering/Mechatronics required; Master of Science preferred.
- At least 5-10 yrs experience required with preferably prior working experience in the automotive industry.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in project management.
- Prior experience in 300V/400V & 600V traction voltage systems preferred.
- Candidates with experience in scaling voltage components would be considered.
- Domestic and International travel up to 15-20% may be required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary.
- Competencies: customer focus, decision quality, collaborates, values differences, action orientated.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify