Industrial Designer Volvo CE
Are you passionate about imagining and influencing the future through design? Do you want to be in the forefront of the transportation industry creating new digital interfaces for our customers? If so, Volvo Construction Equipment is the place to be.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Volvo Construction Equipment is the design leader in its industry. We have built a strong brand and reputation through decades of innovation in technology and design, staying true to our human centric approach and delivering value to customers.
Our design team is located in Gothenburg, Sweden, working in a truly global manner, collaborating with development teams across sites in the Americas, Asia and Europe. We are passionate about translating business requirements and user needs into meaningful and desirable commercial solutions. We constantly strive to increase innovation and efficiency through collaboration.
The Industrial Designer role, working closely to Volvo CE’s Chief Designers, participates in a variety of projects, responsible for proposing and developing design solutions with unique and distinct brand identity that meets given prerequisites. You are accountable for fulfilling the design strategies of several global machine ranges for Volvo Construction Equipment. Projects cover a large width of categories, from commercial products to concept development, including cutting edge technologies, such as electromobility and automation.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in industrial or product design (experience from Transportation Design is a merit)
- Minimum BFA/BA degree in design is required
- Proficient with 3D design tools such as Alias, and 2D design/visualization tools such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Propose and develop design solutions with unique and distinct brand identity that meets given prerequisites
- World-class visualization (sketches, renderings, moodboard, etc) of design proposals through presentations and decision materials
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Guide physical and virtual modelers in the development of models and DSM, securing appropriate aesthetic harmony, visual quality and Technical Input
- Continuously develop application knowledge about the industry and its customers’ needs
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Peer relationships
- Integrity and trust
- Learning on the fly
In this position you will work directly with Chief Designers, reporting to the Design Director Volvo CE, and be located in Gothenburg, Sweden. You will also be part of Volvo Group Product Design.
If you are ready for the next step in your development and recognize yourself in this description, we look forward to receiving your application.
All applications must contain a CV and Portfolio (should not exceed 15MB)
Please send your portfolio to :
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.