Development Engineer - Electromobility
Our employees describe Volvo Penta as a great place to work built upon respect, sense of community and commitment. We encourage people to take individual responsibility and offer exciting assignments in a highly innovative environment. We strongly believe that high performance comes from having fun at work and the courage to think outside the box. It is our highly motivated people that make the difference!
We are looking for an open-minded, driven and curious Development Engineer that will join our Verification&Validation Team within Electromobility. The owner of this position will have an important role to play, contributing to Volvo Penta’s firmly committed and fast moving transformation, to become future proof and positioned among the lead in sustainable power solutions.
As a Development Engineer you will be responsible for specific Verification&Validation deliveries to our industrial and marine electromobility projects. Project work is mainly performed internally at Penta but can also be carried out at different customer sites.
The task is to test and validate the systems to secure and verify the quality of the deliveries. You will calibrate the systems to fulfil internal requirements as well as customer needs and expectations.
You will participate in the concept and development phase of creating the Product Package, within an enthusiastic cross-functional team in an agile environment. Project work is performed at both Penta- and customer sites.
This job opportunity is unique with its responsibility, possibility and privilege to build our electromobility competence within the Engine Development & Calibration organization.
Who are you?
To qualify for this role you should have:
- 5 years of experience from complete vehicle testing and calibration within Electromobility and Hybrid Powertrain
- A platform mindset with an understanding and adaptation to customer needs and expectations
- Experience from Vision and Canalyzer
- An open mindset, willingness to learn and capability to share knowledge
- Willingness to be part of transformation, developing a new organization and new ways of working
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You can easily reach across functions, processes and organization when needed
- MSc degree in engineering or equivalent
For further information, please contact:
Manager Andreas Samson, telephone; +46 31 322 42 96
HR business partner Teresa Krook +46 31 3233710
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.