Quality Engineer- Powertrain
Our team is growing! We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customers' expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon! The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement. The opportunities are endless if you are willing to join our team in the challenges ahead of us. We are looking for a customer contact who can lead, manage and implement changes and new processes. Someone who can plan and prioritize, collaborate, communicate, and deliver.
Want to Learn More About Hagerstown?
We Are The Heart! We develop and produce heavy-duty diesel engines, transmissions, and axles for Volvo Group Brands. In operation since 1961, we proudly service and support the community of Washington County and its surrounding areas.
Click here to explore more about Hagerstown: www.volvogroup.com/hagerstown
- Contact for claims from receiver plants, field customers and audits. Prioritize, analyze and follow up actions. Record the claims and report to assigner
- Initiate and when needed participate in problem solving team, to analyze and evaluate incoming claims, Find the root cause category for the claim, perform risk analysis (faults on more parts or engines, risk of delivery disturbances), initiate short term solution (“firewall”).Support manufacturing to decide if inspection of the plant stock is needed or not
- Initiate, lead and coordinate improvement activities of delivered products at the receiver plant
- Lead and coordinate internal campaigns
- Analyze field issues together with product quality leader and agree about actions (QSP’s)
- Plan and perform the customer dialogue. Report the result. Address and perform necessary improvement activities according to the dialogue
- Participate in global network to develop and harmonize the processes between the PTP sites
- Support Production when it comes to situations to request deviation approval
- Recommend to stop production and deliveries when it is necessary from a security, quality and environmental point of view
- Inform plant management when needed about consequences, propose actions and report
- Lead problem solving activities and report results
- High knowledge of customer and field impact
- Be a problem solving expert
- High technical knowledge of major components such as engines, transmissions and production processes
- Good understanding of purchasing and development processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and/or equivalent years of experience in engineering and quality
- 5+ years of relevant area experience
- Good communication skills
- Have a holistic view. Understand other cultures. Be a good listener and easily adapt to new situations
- Proficiency in the English language is required
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify