We are looking for a Cybersecurity Architect mainly supporting Volvo Trucks and Mack Trucks in North America with a broad background in IT and a genuine interest in Cybersecurity. You have strong professional expertise in IT and have the ability to understand complex principles and apply them practically. You can balance real-world cybersecurity risks with business drivers such as speed, agility, flexibility and performance and present concepts or findings to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Together with the Cybersecurity team, you ensure that we manage, design, and implement security practices, processes, and technologies for the region. By doing this, we mitigate the risks arising from the use, process, storage, and transmission of information – from a people, process, and technology perspective. Your mission also includes performing security reviews, identifying vulnerabilities and risks, developing mitigation plans and evaluating security tools and services.
As Cybersecurity Architect you have the ability to create efficient and trustful collaboration within Group IT and Business Areas. You have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge in your organization. You will be part of develop strategies that will defend Volvo Group from cyber threats and support the digital journey.
The open position is found in the Cybersecurity function and you will be reporting to the Director Cybersecurity.
- Provide regular reporting on the current status of the cybersecurity status for the regional areas
- Lead security champion activities, including Awareness, at the regional areas
- Ensure that security is embedded in the IT deliveries and cloud services by providing the appropriate information about security directives, practices and guidelines.
Drive/Follow up on:
- Innovative technologies
- Application Security
- Cloud Security
- Cybersecurity Architecture
- Cybersecurity roadmap
- Input to strategic direction, long term plan and roadmaps
- Gathering, analyzing and assessing the current and future threat landscape to get an overview of risks and threats in the enterprise environment.
- Research, evaluate and recommend implementation of new Cybersecurity tools and technologies
- Secure that solution and service architecture and roadmap are verified from an Cybersecurity perspective
Competence and Skills Required
- Competence to examine security from a holistic view, including threat modelling, risk and vulnerability assessment
- Excellent communication, presentation and organization skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good relations with your internal and external partners/stakeholders
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Proven strong technical background with 3-5 years of proven Architect experience
- Complete proficiency in English is a requirement
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering or other equivalent education
Cybersecurity is a global unit within Group IT responsible to ensure that an appropriate level of protection requirements is in place by:
- Establish and maintain the enterprise vision, strategy and program to ensure information assets in IT systems and technologies are adequately protected
- Identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining processes across the organization to reduce IT risks and capture learning’s from compliance activities.
- Perform process & IT related compliance activities.
- Cybersecurity unit are working in close relationship with various stakeholders in the Group and has specific responsibilities for the Enterprise Security and the Compliance, Audit & Risk management in Cybersecurity area and reports to the Group CIO.
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify