The purpose of this position is to assist the Manufacturing Engineering department with limited assignments of specific manufacturing engineering or industrial engineering tasks. Emphasis will be toward design for assembly in new product introduction.
• Serves in a training and development capacity for more complex and productive assignments
• Assists experienced Manufacturing Engineers in implementation of product changes into the production facilities
• Performs Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering tasks using established procedures
• Initial phase of training and development within area of assignment
• Proficient use of equipment, instrumentation and software/hardware used within area of assignment
• Entry level performance issues with task-oriented, less complicated assignments
• Miscellaneous Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering assignments as training and abilities progress
• Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
• Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
• Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
• Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
Minimum Education and Experience
• Strong writing or communication skills
• Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors currently enrolled and pursuing a BS Degree in Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship. No work experience required
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Summer Interns are required work less than 40 hours per week.
• Ability to travel frequently to the manufacturing plants
• Customer Focus
• Technical Skills
• Peer Relationships
• Integrity and Trust
• Standing Alone
• Action Oriented
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify