Senior Project Buyer
Are you a person that loves to do business? Are you at the same time a creative, solution-oriented person with strong communication skills that has a true passion to work with other people in a global context? If yes, then we believe this is the opportunity for you! We believe we can offer you a dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to grow and develop your skills in these and many more areas. If this captured your interest, why not contact us or apply to get to know more about this opportunity!
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We are a team of passionate and driven colleagues located in Greensboro, NC.
We see opportunities, we are flexible and we support each other and are open for dialogue and exchange.
You will work in an exciting and global environment and you will join a team with a positive atmosphere who enjoys working together. We look forward to welcome you and have you on board in our team.
As a Senior Project Buyer you will act as the main interface towards Suppliers and internal Projects during the entire project phase. You will be responsible to secure that the Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) targets are met and maintained and you will ensure that selected suppliers are ready for production.
- Be an active member in the global network of Project & Commodity buyers
- Develop the Sourcing plan for components & systems according to cross functional time plans
- Manage Sourcing activities in project phase:
- Drive the supplier selection process
- Secure that supplier selection complies with Targets/Budget (Sourcing deadline, tooling/SIPD cost…)
- Secure the outcome of the Sourcing in a contractual package
- Ensure deliverables from suppliers to fulfill APQP activities managed by SQE
- Challenge, Negotiate, Secure & Report fulfillment of Project targets in terms of QDCFTSR during Sourcing and Project phase
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in the Project phase
- Manage parts and orders in Project phase and ensure a timely part transfer in the system to the Commodity buyer
- Ensure that the supplier is prepared for production, including capacity and all needed system updates (Parma codes, EDI connection…)
- Manage Project Performance Reviews with suppliers and stakeholders
- Provide input on Supplier Project Performance to the Commodity buyer
- University degree in Business, Engineering or related field and or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in Purchasing and/or extensive negotiation experience with a supplier/customer relationship
- Business acumen
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Multicultural experience is an asset
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify