District Sales Manager
Our District Sales Manager drives and executes goals for Volvo Construction Equipment business distribution channels and focuses on the agreed business plan objectives for Market Share, Volume, Gross Profit, through Dealer Retail Business.
Territory: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba
- Manage dealer market share development, volume, pricing and product mix to ensure dealers meet agreed business plans.
- Must have experience forecasting and managing dealer inventory pipelines with minimum volumes of $25M+.
- Support Key Account, Rental Channel, Governmental and Remarketing as required
- Report on the competitive situation including street pricing, resale values, rental rates, warranties, financing programs, inventories etc
- Develop/recommend programs to address markets in each segment. Ensure agreed to results are met.
- Work with dealer principal, sales management, and retail sales staff to increase sales penetration in the dealer’s assigned area through targeted customers as well as relationship building and interaction with existing customers.
- Have the mentality and act as the quasi Dealer Sales Manager in evaluating markets, segments, branches, sales Pipeline, and sales process to drive quoted participation and closing deals
- Develop assigned dealer’s sales skills including coaching the promotion of selling value of a premium product and soft products with focus value-added services such as uptime solutions
- Build Sales and Product Competence skills at Dealers by promoting and ensuring every sales person participates in VCE sponsored training including, products, sales as well as other VCE sponsored events such as sales competitions
- Manage short and long term forecasts and monitor sales activity to meet dealer’s business plan and monthly market share objectives for all product lines
- Ensure Pipeline management is well planned and executed for new stock and rental fleets to meet market demands and share targets
- Communicate and train dealer staff on VCE systems and policies
- Monthly dealer communication as to progress, areas of improvement and actions by Dealer and VCE to rectify performance gaps in all areas including market share, sales coverage, competence development, fleet and stock investments, etc. Accountability for follow up and execution of determined actions.
- Internal communication on dealer progress, collaborating with the Dealer Development group, making recommendations for further improvements, structure, investments, where needed
- Extensive construction / heavy industry experience and knowledge
- Driven, organized and outstanding business development skills
- Able to perform duties effectively in a fast paced environment whether working autonomously or under direction
- Extensive travel required
- Minimum 5 years practical working experience in steering a distribution network toward profitability and growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing,Finance, Management or related field required
- Master’s degree preferred
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.