Co-op: Paint Project Engineering (Spring 2020)
The purpose of this position is to assist the Paint Project Team with assignments specific to the Surface Treatment Project.
The co-op role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a manufacturing environment, and to support/promote the graduate’s career goals through interaction with project management professionals. Co-ops participate in professional activities for the Volvo New River Valley Plant by working on practical, innovative and important projects. This co-op provides structured learning experiences where co-ops and our industrial project leaders work together on projects within their selected organization. The co-op allows student to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo New River Valley Plant.
Assignment will began January 13 ,2020 and continue through May 8, 2020 working 40 hours/week.
- Develop updated layouts, line balances for new work decks associated with ST project
- Develop baseline measurements and measurement procedure/templates for TAMS
- Assist project team members with layouts, investigations, studies, records, etc.
- Manage time schedule and meeting minutes
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
- Flexibility: performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to promote a higher standard; pitching in to get the job done
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, or similar field of study, at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the co-op
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period
- Student should have minimum GPA of 3.0
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
- Availability for light travel
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify