Intern: Financial Analyst (Spring 2020)
The purpose of this position is to assist the Business Control Department with assignments specific to cost deployment and related financial analysis.
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a manufacturing environment, and to support/promote the graduate’s career goals through interaction with Business Control professionals. Interns participate in professional activities for the Volvo New River Valley Plant by working on practical, innovative and important projects. This Internship provides structured learning experiences where interns and our Business Control professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows student to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo New River Valley Plant.
Assignment will began January 13, 2020 and continue through May 8, 2020 working up to 30 hours/week.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial analysis and reporting
- Support cost deployment data collection and analysis
- Assist with financial reports and journal entries
- Creating annual/monthly/quarterly schedules
- Support the tracking of our physical inventory
- As applicable to assigned business area, perform in-depth analysis of on-going operations. Identify important trends, key risk, and opportunities for cost reduction and process improvement
Essential Skills & Experience
· Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
· Communication: listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably and actively seeking feedback non-defensively
· Flexibility: performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
· Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to promote a higher standard; pitching in to get the job done
· Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills
Minimum Education and Experience
· Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business (with preference for Finance or Accounting), at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
· Student should have minimum GPA of 3.0 and are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
· Customer Focus
· Technical Skills
· Peer Relationships
· Integrity and Trust
· Standing Alone
· Action Oriented
· Time Management
· Availability for light travel
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify