Project Quality Engineer
If you are ready for meaningful challenges, have a passion for quality and customer satisfaction, and eager to make a difference, we invite you to apply to become an incoming Project Quality Engineer with our company. At Mack Trucks, we support our team members in achieving their goals while at the same time helping to make our customers successful.
We strive for balance and believe that actively prioritizing a high level of diversity in our workforce creates a competitive advantage. It is our people that make the difference!
As a Project Quality Engineer at Mack Trucks, your main role will be as works on product & process projects, you will be responsible to drive the application of the quality tools in the manufacturing plant. The Project Quality Engineer influences different manufacturing departments (Industrial Engineering, Quality Engineering, Production, etc.) by creating cross-functional groups to apply the quality tools.
- Analyze available quality records and identify strengths/weaknesses of product & process
- Validate the strengths/weaknesses with the plant management and report them to the GTO project team
- Identify product & project risks related to the quality of the manufacturing process and communicate them to the GTO project team
- Contribute to the creation/maintenance of the quality assurance plan and quality tool plan by participating in the QAP and QTP meetings
- Apply the quality tools identified in the QAP and QTP at the manufacturing plant, including planning, leading, executing, checking and acting
- Report the results of the application of the quality tools to the GTO project team
- Take preventive/corrective actions when necessary to ensure that the project will meet the requirements
- Participate in the GTO project team meetings as the manufacturing quality representative when requested
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance or ambiguity
- Strong leadership, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to manage change
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Standards, the manufacturing business and organization and ability to utilize policies, practices, trends, and tactics to accomplish business objectives within the organization
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Power Point and Word
- Extensive knowledge of engineering concepts, manufacturing, the product, production standards and efficiency optimization tools; process oriented
- Proven ability to react to issues impacting production with a sense of urgency, promptly assessing the issue and developing a feasible action plan and following it through to successful completion
- Project management and time management skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple conflicting projects to successful conclusion
- Proven ability to review and apply technical specifications and requirements to the assembly operation
- Possesses strong analytical skills and demonstrated focus on process and Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Volvo Global Product Audit criteria/systems
- Blueprint reading
- Product Knowledge
- Statistical (Quality) Tools
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or, Mechanical, Electrical and Quality Engineering or Quality Assurance or equivalent experience is required
- 1-4 years of experience in an assembly and/or Manufacturing Environment
- CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) and /or CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) preferred
- Experience with statistical analysis and ISO preferred
- Six Sigma Quality Engineering methodologies preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Mack Trucks, Inc. offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes health, life, dental and vision plans as well as a 401(k) with a company match incentive and a robust pension plan.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify