Prototype Engine Mechanic
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT Prototype Engine Workshop
Are looking for a Prototype Engine Mechanic
Volvo Penta is going strong, and we have a lot of new exciting projects coming up so we are looking for two more dedicated and motivated people to join our fantastic team.
Volvo Penta Product Development Diesel Engines and Electric solutions works both with advanced development engineering as well as with on-going enhancement of current products. The Workshop and Test cells department is responsible for prototype design and testing of all Volvo Penta drivelines and engine accessories. The group is consisting of 13 mechanics located in Lundby, Gothenburg and we are now looking for highly skilled mechanics to join the team.
- Assembly/disassembly of Volvo Penta’s and other brands of diesel engines
- Installation of Penta drive lines in field test applications
- Assembly of prototype engines with instrumentation and measurement points prepared ready for test bed or field test
- Development work within Electric mobility and Hybrid applications
- Disassembly of engines after test and have a high analytical mind, reporting back to project
- Producing and changing prototype components
- Solve problems within project scope both individually and as part of the team
- Welding, milling and adaptations skills are a merit
We are looking for a person with a Secondary School Engineer certificate or similar education. We are looking for an individual that is interested in product development and has passion, energy and ambition into your daily work. The position requires diesel engine know-how and preferably also experience of engine testing and assembly. Hybrid and Electric solutions certificate or expertise is a big plus. A high grade of ownership and responsibility is a part of this job and interest in development and new thinking.
Of course you have good knowledge of English and Swedish.
As a person we believe you are positive, persistent, flexible and thorough. You find it stimulating to work in a team and you are service-minded. You also like taking an active part in problem solving sessions.
The position can require some traveling during field test mission.
For further information please contact:
Robin Andersson, Manager Workshop, phone: +46 31 323 64 04
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.