Lead System Design Engineer
EE system leader, this is a role within System Engineering that drives in developing the Electrical System right from the concept stage . This role is to ensure that necessary system activities are defined and performed within each assignment to secure the delivery and maintainability of a consistent and fully functional EE system.
The EE system leader exists from start to end of a project.
- Leading the system team
- Taking part in the development activities within area of expertise.
- Ensuring that the system development is performed according to defined system development processes and methods.
- Plan and monitor all system activities and deliverables in each assignment from the global system organization.
- To identify necessary system activities and deliverables
- To do resource estimations for identified activities and to communicate these to EE PM / assignment leader after anchoring with line managers within the global system organization
- Prioritization of what activities and deliverables are to be performed in which order and when in time
- Regularly follow-up progress, problems and open issues within assignment and ensure that these are handled and communicated
- To escalate issues that need support/assistance from line or project management
- Risk management of system activities within each assignment. This responsibility includes;
- The use of appropriate quality tools jointly with quality section representative (risks analysis, FMEA, dependability analysis, etc…)
- To continuously work with identifying risks within scope of assignment
- To analyze identified risks and ensure that necessary actions are taken to minimize the probability of risks to occur and/or reduce the consequence of them
- To clearly and proactively communicate risks to stakeholders
- Ensure timely and proper communication within system team (if applicable) and with stakeholders.
- Securing the interface with Agile release trains
- Secure that pre-study/concept reports and project technical reports are written, reviewed and released.
- Get needed SCR:s (System Change Requests) initiated get a decision from approval forum.
- Drive the specification and its refinement in the system team
- Drive the distribution of technical requirements to the other parts of the organization.
- Secure that the documents are reviewed and released according to defined routines.
- Check if a new EE system baseline is required to be released as a result of the system development within the assignment.
- Escalate activities that are not being developed according to approved methods or is too risky and will jeopardize the QDCF of the assignment
- BE/BTech/ME/Mtech in Electrical/Electronics and communication engineering
- Experience:6 -8 years
- Automotive engineering knowledge along with strong Electrical\\Electronics engineering knowledge.
- Expert knowledge in Systems engineering
- Truck Application Knowledge.
- Knowledge of SAFe/ Agile way of working .Leading SAFe certified would be added advantage
- Knowledge in Functional development
- Knowledge in platform management
- Knowledge within relevant processes and tools
- Technical Learning
- Action Oriented
- Learning on the fly
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Leadership skills and should be able to drive others.
- Priority setting
- Experience in cross functional management
- Strong demonstrated self- managed learning
Reports to Group Manager Systems Engineering in Bangalore
For more information please contact: Shib Saha (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.