Intern: Finance and Data Analytics (Spring 2020)
The intern will assist with a variety of task oriented work with the Financial Planning and Analysis Team including, but not limited to improving existing processes, performing statistical analysis, and assisting in data pre-processing.
- Work with FP&A and Analytics team to collect project business requirements.
- Interact with different departments as needed to facilitate meetings ask questions, document findings, and perform follow-ups
- Automate the reports and provide alternative solutions.
- Promote data-driven decision making across the team, using tools such as QlikView, SQL, and Excel.
- Build statistical, predictive and machine learning models to drive sourcing accuracy
- Assist the team with the dashboard, analytical projects and data preparation.
- Out of box thinking for business requirements with good analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to work with other business areas (Line of Business, Technical, Senior Management).
- Very good knowledge in Microsoft Office Suites, PowerPoint.
- Experience with analytics applications such as QlikView and/or Tableau is desired; Basic knowledge on working with Oracle SQL would be highly suitable and preferable; familiarity with statistical packages R and Python is a plus. A desire and aptitude to learn these applications is required.
- Seeking 4-year Degree in Finance/Business/Economics/Analytics
- Experience in Analytics or other quantitative disciplines.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry is a plus
- Highly motivated, dynamic person who has a knack for detail, organization, patience and communication with others and is a problem solver
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and dynamic environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must work well within a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analyses implications clearly to a wide audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
- Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking English; additional languages a plus.
- Analytical skills in understanding the analytics business value of the different analytical levels (descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive) for different verticals and customers
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a 4-year Degree in Finance/Business/Economics/Analytics at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Spring Interns are required work less than 30 hours per week and must be enrolled as full-time student.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Creative thinker
- Passion for execution
- Analytics advocate and passion for covert raw data into meaningful insights
- Highly analytical with desire for solving problems
- Experience in program/project management
- Negotiation and relationship building skills
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify