Where is the Job?
The Finance Department for Volvo Penta Region Americas—U.S., Canada, and South America—oversees the overall financial management for the region including financial strategies, planning, budgeting and reporting, and financial control systems.
We are now looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our amazing team in Chesapeake, Virginia.
What is the Job?
In this role, you will provide a high level of administrative support for Finance & Business Control as well as other departments. You will support specific projects and programs related to business operations and finance. Some of your core responsibilities will include:
- Independently responding to requests for information and general correspondence of a routine nature
- Analyzing data for special projects and initiatives, preparing reports, and high-level presentations
- Issuing purchase orders for the departments in the EBD system, and handling system receiving to ensure timely invoice processing and vendor payment. Investigating issues that arise and identifying solutions. Maintaining required supporting documents for routine audits
- Annual corporate state registrations and compliance filings. Coordinating various state and local tax reports and payments to meet filing deadlines
- Processing weekly invoice workflow
- Assisting with customer master data maintenance
- Planning departmental meetings and functions as required
- Actively participating and providing support for VPA corporate functions and events
Are you organized and resourceful? You may have what it takes for this opportunity…
To be successful in this role, you will need to have outstanding executive administrative skills and competencies, demonstrate excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, have a demonstrated ability to work independently, and be adept in exercising sound judgement as well as uphold confidentiality. We would like someone who can maintain composure, flexibility and judgement in a constant, priority-changing environment and be able to prioritize work in order to meet deadlines.
In addition, excellent communication skills are necessary as is the need for fluency in speaking and writing English in order to communicate successfully with internal and external stakeholders at different levels of the organization.
You must have excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Power Point, and Excel). Experience from ERP systems is preferred.
This position requires a minimum of 2 years’ post-high school formal education; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. We also require a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a corporate environment in an executive/administrative capacity.
Are you ready to join our team?
We were recently awarded “A Great Place to Work” certification and our employees can attest that Volvo Penta is a great place to work! We experience relationships built on trust and respect, change and innovation, passion, exceptional performance, and a strong commitment to customer success!
If you are interested in being part of a team focused on innovation and success, and feel that this opportunity is for you, we invite you to apply to become an Administrative Assistant with our team. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify