Group Trucks Purchasing, is a passionate team of approximately 1200 people located on all continents globally, provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products and services that add real business value for the truck brands of the Volvo Group.
Department: Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing - South America
We are looking for a buyer, located in Curitiba (Brazil).
You will join a professional team, creating business value in an open and multicultural, dynamic, and rewarding working climate.
We value team players, with energy and creativity, who see opportunities where others see risks, who are willing to drive the change and strive for the best in order to deliver results.
Your main challenges will be to make sure that the segment business plan is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and to continuously secure the best supplier QDCFTSR performance (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) during production and after production for Revenue segments.
You will also be the Purchasing interface towards Projects and Suppliers on your segments during the entire Projects phases.
You will have the End to End business responsibility on your scope.
To succeed on this commodity that is a challenging area, it requires leadership, strategic thinking, tactical expertise, excellent communication skills and proven track record in negotiation.
- Develop segment business plan;
- Develop the sourcing plans and drive all relevant activities in Project phase;
- Secure that supplier selection is aligned with the Segment Business Plan;
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets;
- Be an key member in the global network of commodity buyers;
- Manage the Sourcing activities in project phase;
- Perform cost workshops;
- Perform technical and commercial negotiations;
- Ensure fulfillment of project targets;
- Ensure that suppliers are prepared for production;
- Execute agreements with suppliers;
- Drive supply chain optimization;
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks. Manage crisis situations;
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes;
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Business acumen;
- Proactive mindset;
- Business mindset and ownership;
- Experience on manufacturing process;
- Experience on performing cost workshop at suppliers;
- Purchasing and negotiation experience;
- Desired experience in cooling system, and/or rubber parts and components;
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change;
- Master of Science or Business Administration;
- Excellent spoken and written English;
We would like to welcome you to our team where positive attitude, perseverance and focus on continuous improvement are a must.
You like doing business and you are result oriented, with a proven ability to establish targets and drive results.
We believe you are a supportive team player and are comfortable working with different cultures, people and also cross functionally.
The ability to take ownership of various tasks is a must, as well as problem solving skills and an analytical mind-set.
We will offer you a very dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to personally grow and develop your skills.
We strive to be a multicultural organization. We welcome applicants which can even further increase our diversity.
Travel: Travel is required frequently
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.