Project Portfolio Analyst
We are now looking for a Project Portfolio Analyst
Are you passionate about technology and project portfolio management? Are you a strong communicator that is able to build successful professional relationships? Would you like to contribute to the success of the VFS Digital & IT strategy through the execution of best in class customer focused projects across our business? Are you ready to experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis? Then check what it takes to take on your next challenge.
You will be primary responsible for supporting the senior management decision making by providing insightful and accurate information on the performance of the VFS Digital & IT projects portfolio. You will assist in investment planning, portfolio optimization, oversight and reporting of project execution progress, benefits assessment and tracking. Additionally you will manage the PPM tool, maintain and proactively improve all the artefacts of Digital & IT Portfolio Management (e.g. methodologies, guidelines, templates). As a Portfolio Analyst you will also facilitate the sharing of good practices and lessons learned within the Digital & IT organization, you will drive the implementation and adoption of standards and new ways of working through the use of strong interpersonal skills. In this role you will report to the Senior Manager Strategic Planning and IT Portfolio.
Main Activities and key Responsibilities
- Maintain the project & portfolio management library of methodologies, best practices, templates, and guidelines/instructions. Assist the development of new standards and ways of working, support the change management process to ensure that they are consistently adopted across the organization.
- Monitor portfolio performance according to KPIs/targets and proactively make recommendation on corrective actions and improvements opportunities. Manage the monthly reporting cycle, chasing information as required and challenging the quality of data. Prepare reports for senior management including commentary and follow-up on deviations.
- Set-up new portfolio metrics and develop dashboard/analytics that provide reliable and actionable insights about portfolio health/status.
- Conduct portfolio wide analysis and advise on delivery risk, including dependencies, cost and resource capacity. Undertake periodic review of the portfolio progress (outputs) against strategic priorities.
- Partner with Finance to support financial planning and forecasting. Support annual planning process and ongoing monitoring to ensure accurate financial forecasting and analysis to enable investment decisions.
- Plan and coordinate the post-program/project realization assessments across the overall portfolio. Track the benefits realization against targets and consolidate the benefits data for reporting purpose.
- Contribute to the review of project business cases challenging and scrutinizing the value proposition, project cost, schedule and expected benefits. Ensure that business case is development according to standard templates, financial metrics and rules.
- Manage the PPM tool activities ensuring quality of projects data, providing training and ad hoc support to the PPM tool user community and advising on the development of new functionalities.
In order to be successful in your role you have:
- University degree in Business Economics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience in information technology positions or relevant area of business: portfolio management, project/program management, resource management, financial analysis, technology management.
- A good understanding and knowledge of the Financial Services Industry.
- Financial acumen with experience in budget planning, forecasting and trending portfolio financials.
- Demonstrated ability to frame complex analytical problems and extract insights that led to tangible business results.
- Experience with business/project and portfolio management tools (e.g. PlanView, Power BI, Excel, …) and project management methodologies (e.g. Prince 2, PMP, …).
- Outstanding self-management skills and you are able to proactively identify and resolve issues to meet deadlines.
- The ability to negotiate and influence key personnel across functional boundaries and geographies.
- A strong customer focus and customer orientation mindset.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
- The ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations/people under pressure.
- Preferable Project Management certifications and experience with SAFe/Agile/Lean is a plus.
- An advanced level of English (oral/written).
Do you want to join us in this journey? Apply for the Project Portfolio Analyst position today!
Hiring manager: Daniele Scorziello
HRBP: Elke Calewaert
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.