Associate Project buyer
Are you a person that loves to do business? Are you at the same time a creative, solution-oriented person with strong communication skills that has a true passion to work with other people in a global context? If yes, then we believe this is the opportunity for you! We believe we can offer you a dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to grow and develop your skills in these and many more areas. If this captured your interest, why not contact us or apply to get to know more about this opportunity!
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We are a team of passionate and driven colleagues located in Greensboro, NC.
We see opportunities, we are flexible and we support each other and are open for dialogue and exchange.
You will work in an exciting and global environment and you will join a team with a positive atmosphere who enjoys working together. We look forward to welcome you and have you on board in our team.
The Associate Project Buyer’s primary purpose is to lead, negotiate and execute sourcing activities in accordance to the technical specifications of our stakeholders. Manage Sourcing activities in project phase and act as the main interface towards Suppliers and internal Projects during the entire project phase. You will be responsible to secure that the Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management (QDCFTSR) targets are met and maintained and you will ensure that selected suppliers are ready for production.
- Be an active member in the global network of Project & Commodity buyers
- Continuously evaluate the performance of the current supply base, map and identify new suppliers and establish and maintain relationships with the key suppliers
- Execute Request For Information (RFI), Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Quotation (RFQ)
- Drive negotiations to ensure an optimal cost level for areas of responsibility and carry out contract negotiations and management to defined project timelines and approved sourcing strategies
- Support the development of new segment strategies and lead the execution of actions agreed in these strategies
- Monitor market and technology developments in respective commodity and address changes through the strategies
- Collaborate with global counterparts and internal stakeholders in order to get the best possible results for Volvo in terms of QDCFTSR
- 0-3 years experience in Purchasing or related field
- 4 year degree with Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field of study preferred
As a person we believe that you have a business oriented mindset with both a financial and technical understanding. You enjoy the challenge of having contact with experienced and skilled suppliers and you also possess strong communication and networking skills. In addition to this you enjoy driving your own work and taking initiatives, with a team player attitude.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We Participate in E-verify