Global Investment and IT Controller in Volvo Buses
This is us, your new colleagues
Business Area Buses Business control team is a vital part of creating business value for the company. The team members are dedicated, open minded and contribute to an inspiring and motivating climate. Everyone has a drive to improve and take own initiative to find improvements within the area of responsibility.
As we work in an intellectually challenging area, a sense of humor helps to have fun and be a high performing team!
Global Investment and IT Controller position description
As Global Investment and IT Controller you will have responsibility for Investment process in Business Area Buses, in alignment with AB Volvo requirements. Responsibilities include collaborating with the Process and IT team in planning, developing and monitoring the IT operating and capital budgets.
The Investment & IT Controller acts as business partner and supports other parts of the organization. Together with other colleagues from Business Control team and network you would develop solutions to improve business performance.
We can offer an exciting work environment, education and professional development opportunities.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Ownership of developing Volvo Buses Investment process and control, including preparation and presentations for our Investment Committee
- Investments preparation, coordinating, developing, follow up, communication, including delivery to AB Volvo
- Provide “investment” training for the Volvo Buses Controller network
- Provide financial and business expertise in Special Projects and Investment Decision Material including Business Cases for Business Area Buses Management and other committees
- Consults with Process and IT management team to forecast IT operating and capital costs and to help ensure that budget targets are met
- Provides expert advice regarding accounting and reporting principles. Guides colleagues through reporting changes
- Secure that the Volvo financial policies and procedures are followed, providing data without errors and on time, including investment and IT estimates
- Anticipation of future risks and opportunities and developing actions to mitigate or secure
- Member of Volvo Group Real Estate (VGRE) and BA Buses Property Committee supporting to drive decisions and improved cooperation
- Senior experience from business control function in a global matrix organization
- Master of Finance or equivalent in Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or Computer Science
- Preferably experienced in Volvo business
- Experience in developing business cases
- Understanding of lean principles and structured problem solving tools
- Ability to clearly present the results of the analysis and explain the deviations also for non-finance audience
- Interest in IT solutions and advanced knowledge of Excel and Power point
- SQL, SAP, Essbase and Hyperion knowledge will be considered as a merit
- Fluent in written and spoken English
For more information please contact:
Agnieszka Kurzatkowska, Head of Business Control, +46 765 53 8664
Jörgen Kihlström, HR Director Talent & Competence, +46 31 322 3495
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.