Senior function developer motion planning – Vehicle Automation
What we offer
At the forefront of Research and Development in the automotive industry, Volvo Group Trucks Technology offers you the opportunity to join our team in charge of software and algorithm development for Traffic Situation Management for Automated Vehicles. In particular, the team is responsible for taking the product ownership over time for L4 automated Traffic Situation Management including research, concept studies, industrialization and maintenance.
In this job, you will make a difference by tackling the challenge of automated driving through innovative concepts, algorithms and quality software code to create ground-breaking solutions that shape the future of mobility. We are looking for an enthusiastic experienced person who can strengthen our team in the area of developing concepts and algorithms in the areas of
- Deciding which action the ego vehicle should take
- Creating the trajectory that executes the decision and controls the ego vehicle
To succeed in this job, we would like you to bring:
- A Master of preferably a PhD degree in engineering, control theory, computer science, robotics, mathematics or similar technical field of study
- 5+ years of experience in motion planning and control e.g. classic control theory, optimization, planning under uncertainty, probabilistic robotics, etc., preferably in the automotive domain
- Experience in data structures, advanced algorithms and programming for robust safety-critical code, preferably with ASIL-D compliance
- Strong analytical and collaboration skills to effectively solve complex problem together with your colleagues
- Goal oriented mind-set with the ability to develop state of the art technology for best in class products
If the description above matches you, this is the opportunity for you to prosper and join our team on a journey to success. We are eager to receive your application letter and CV in English.
For further information you are welcome to contact:
Julia Nilsson, Manager Traffic Situation Management, Phone +46 739021344
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.